Internet pricing

newfarmers

We're sailing on Eden in a couple of weeks and sadly my partner will have to work most of the time. It'll all be managed by email so we'd like to conform that new internet pricing has been introduced.

We have found the following -

On longer sailings of five days or more, the aforementioned Bronze social media plan also applies for the same price, however the structure changes for higher tiers. For more general internet access to browse websites or download email, guests can purchase blocks of megabytes starting from $19 for 100MB, $39 for 250MB or $69 for 500MB, each valid for one device. Guests have up until the end of their cruise to consume the purchased blocks.

At the top of the tree, a Platinum package is also available for cruises longer than five days, with full and unlimited access, with no download limits for the entire cruise priced at $99, again for one device. This same package can be purchased at $20 per day for users who may require heavy for short periods of up to a day at a time.

Can anyone confirm the above pricing structure on Eden, and P&O Oz in general?

We're sailing on Eden in a couple of weeks and sadly my partner will have to work most of the time. It'll all be managed by email so we'd like to conform that new internet pricing has been introduced.

We have found the following -

On longer sailings of five days or more, the aforementioned Bronze social media plan also applies for the same price, however the structure changes for higher tiers. For more general internet access to browse websites or download email, guests can purchase blocks of megabytes starting from $19 for 100MB, $39 for 250MB or $69 for 500MB, each valid for one device. Guests have up until the end of their cruise to consume the purchased blocks.

At the top of the tree, a Platinum package is also available for cruises longer than five days, with full and unlimited access, with no download limits for the entire cruise priced at $99, again for one device. This same package can be purchased at $20 per day for users who may require heavy for short periods of up to a day at a time.

Can anyone confirm the above pricing structure on Eden, and P&O Oz in general?

Hi! we got just got off Pacific Eden last weekend and paid $79 for the unlimited package (7 night cruise) as we wanted to Facetime our two young children. The unlimited package is normally $99.

We bought a VIP Photo package (can't remember exact name but it is well advertised on the ship) which was $29.95 and included the 2 embarkation photos printed as well as a digital copy on a P&O USB, $20 off Scenes DVD and $20 off unlimited internet. This meant we actually paid only $79 for unlimited internet and as we always get embarkation photos and Scenes DVD, we thought this was good value. Of course if you have no intention of buying embarkation photos or the Scenes DVD this may not be as economical!

We could not connect in our cabin though had no trouble connecting in all the public areas of the ship that we tried.

Hope this helps!

Adele.

Thanks Adele

We are heading to PNG on the Eden in 2 weeks and there has been very little info and our roll call is virtually non existent.

Did you happen to go to PNG? If so could you give me a bit of a run down on the ports please. I don't expect issues with the ship as have been on many lines and as I don't expect a lot from P & O I won't be disappointed. We are a group of 5 and it is first P & O for 1 and first cruise for 2 so hopefully everyone will be just happy to be on a cruise.

If you went PNG did you have any vaccinations, medication etc?

Have just got back from Japan and haven't had time to check with my dr yet.

Thanks Adele

We are heading to PNG on the Eden in 2 weeks and there has been very little info and our roll call is virtually non existent.

Did you happen to go to PNG? If so could you give me a bit of a run down on the ports please. I don't expect issues with the ship as have been on many lines and as I don't expect a lot from P & O I won't be disappointed. We are a group of 5 and it is first P & O for 1 and first cruise for 2 so hopefully everyone will be just happy to be on a cruise.

If you went PNG did you have any vaccinations, medication etc?

Have just got back from Japan and haven't had time to check with my dr yet.

Yep, we went to PNG though I can't speak about the ports since we didn't end up getting off the ship! combination of rainy weather, hubby had activities booked and the last stop was abandoned due to it being too windy for the tenders. However, we are going back in a few weeks with extended family so will do the ports on the next trip. Sorry I couldn't be of more help in this regard.

We didn't need any special vaccinations or medications. They organise your electronic PNG visa for you and add the fee of $6 to your onboard account.

We just love cruising and getting away from work so are pretty easy pleased but we loved the ship, there are plenty of public spaces to chill out, the decor is nice, we didn't have any trouble with staff and service or food so I'm definitely looking forward to going back on her in a few weeks time.

Have a great holiday!

Adele.

Thanks Adele

Just back from my dr who insisted I have Hep A and Typhoid injections and Malaria tablets. So $160 and a sore arm later.

Thought I better go and ask her as one friend's doctor has told her she needs them all and another said she needed nothing.

Edited by Tara Jane

Hi! we got just got off Pacific Eden last weekend and paid $79 for the unlimited package (7 night cruise) as we wanted to Facetime our two young children. The unlimited package is normally $99.

We bought a VIP Photo package (can't remember exact name but it is well advertised on the ship) which was $29.95 and included the 2 embarkation photos printed as well as a digital copy on a P&O USB, $20 off Scenes DVD and $20 off unlimited internet. This meant we actually paid only $79 for unlimited internet and as we always get embarkation photos and Scenes DVD, we thought this was good value. Of course if you have no intention of buying embarkation photos or the Scenes DVD this may not be as economical!

We could not connect in our cabin though had no trouble connecting in all the public areas of the ship that we tried.

Hope this helps!

Adele.

That's super helpful. Thanks Adele

Thanks Adele

Just back from my dr who insisted I have Hep A and Typhoid injections and Malaria tablets. So $160 and a sore arm later.

Thought I better go and ask her as one friend's doctor has told her she needs them all and another said she needed nothing.

Wow! We are from the nothing school.

I started a/the roll call when we first booked but we had another holiday in between and dropped off. I can't even see it now.

We had people on our recent trip in Peru who got quite sick from the malaria tablets. We just made, and will make, sure we have repellent on.

Two weeks today we'll be onboard kicking back in our splurge suite :)

Pete, Jo and Al

PNG does NOT ned Malaria tablets as you are4 sleeping on board and are on the ship during the evening

Just ebe sensible we had a grand time in PNG and the people were amazing so kind and thoughtful and the tours available from thne piers were very good and reasonable in price.

I ended up purchasing the $19 100mb package, it was hard to log in, worked better on my kids phones, and wasn't accessible in the room, only in public areas. The login wasn't easy so ended up being charged twice. ( I didn't bother with this when found out at home ) but was annoying to not connect on board as I only wanted to post some anniversary photos. Maybe the platinum package would be better ??

• 1 month later...
PNG does NOT ned Malaria tablets as you are4 sleeping on board and are on the ship during the evening

Just ebe sensible we had a grand time in PNG and the people were amazing so kind and thoughtful and the tours available from thne piers were very good and reasonable in price.

Hi Yvonne, thanks for the information about the tours available from the pier, we were just going to take our chances. We are on the Pacific Eden on 15th Nov

We met on the Indian Ocean cruise in 2011.:)