Crown Princess and Princess-Royal Caribbean Comparison

DJan07

Hey Everybody,

I have a quick couple of questions. Is the new Crown Princess going to be an "exact sister ship" to Caribbean Princess? I know Caribbean Princess is in the Grand Class of ships, but is different because of an extra passenger deck. Princess cruises seem really nice and a little expensive. We have cruised Carnival and Royal Caribbean and our latest Royal Caribbean just blew Carnival out of the water. How do you think Princess compares to Royal Caribbean for the price?

DJan07

Jubilee- July 22, 2002- 5 Day Western Caribbean From Tampa

Explorer of the Seas- July 24, 2005- 7 Day Eastern Caribbean From Miami

Crown Princess will not be an exact sister of Caribbean. There are a number of changes – most noticeably the move of Skywalkers from the back of the ship to around the funnel – on the inside as well as the outside. It seems that Princess learned somewhat from the addition of 500 passengers and how they move about on Caribbean Princess and included improvements in the Crown design to compensate. They did the same thing after Grand Princess came on line for the other two sisters in the smaller Grand Class.

The deck plans for Crown Princess are available on the Princess website.

I personally prefer "Princess Ships". We were on the Caribbean Princess in March and loved her as the other Grand Class Ships. Found the food was better and service also. Have been on all the RCL Voyager Class ships and food is not good. Entertainment is Ok nothing special. Service was lacking in the Dining Room.Princess Cabins are much nicer in my estimation. I feel overall , You are treated with more class on Princess. This is my opinion and it depends on what you are looking for on a cruise. There is a rock climbing wall, skating, ice show. I am just happy with the "Movies under the Stars". More romantic for me. Myself and Hubby are booked on the all new "Crown Princess" next Sept. for Our Anniversary out of NYC. Can't wait!

I think Princess has better food. I enjoyed the selections on Princess more than on Royal. The staff seemed friendlier on Princess. Royal was a lot of fun, but I like Princess a little more. In terms of pricing, I found Princess to be cheaper. Last summer, I compared Golden Princess to Adventure and I was able to get a larger room for less money on the Golden. The Crown may be a little more than Royal due to it being a new ship.

I think both Royal Caribbean and Princess are much better than the Carnival Cruise I've been on. We enjoy both very much. Here is what my opinions are:

Royal Caribbean has MUCH better buffet food, but Princess dining room food is slightly better (not significantly in my opinion.)

The Specialty Restaurants on RCI (Chops and Portofinos) are better than Princess (Sabatini's), though we enjoyed both.

As non-smokers, we feel that Princess does a marvelous job at providing truly non-smoking areas and bars where you can have a drink without cigarette smoke.

RCI has more comfortable beds, on our Tahitian Princess Cruise, we will definitely request an egg crate.

The FRESH WATER pools, open 24/7 are great on Princess!!!!

I would not hesitate to sail either one.

Laura:D

Archived