Princess EZAir - Booking troubles

ghstudio

We booked a cruise out of the UK for next year. Princess EZAir offers flexible bookings at a reduced price with no cancellation penalty as long as we cancel (90?) days prior to the cruise (we don't plan to cancel..but I'd rather book this way than buy a restricted fare ticket with penalties). So I looked up the options.

I am offered a long list of flights going to the cruise with one stop. No matter which I select, I am offered only one flight (under multiple code share options) with 2 stops. Price $1298

If I use the same system and look at a one way flight to the cruise, I get the same list of flights. I then look for a one way returning home...the same day as on the RT. I am now given a choice of flights including a couple of 1 stop flights. Price (when added together) $1298

So I call Princess....

"we can only book what is shown". "We can't book two one way flights".

Net: according to the agent, there is no way to book the two one way flights (with flexible fares) either as a round trip or as a two one way flights.

Sorry...but this just doesn't make any sense to me.....

Does it make sense to anyone? Does anyone know if the agent was even correct?

I could use some help...

Moderator: Please do not move to cruise air forum...this is princess specific

Edited by ghstudio

i've had the same issue. ezair would not allow me to book two one way flights. i tried it, and my rep spoke to the air department.

all of the return flights offered had 3 stops and 9-12 hour layovers. i got around this by booking my return ezair (one stop) flight to the closest airport to my home airport (return to vancouver instead of victoria) and booked my own air for the last 15 minute flight.

this would still give you two stops though.

can you book one way ezair to the ship--guaranteed to get you there or the next port--and book your own air home? i tried that but ezair was much cheaper so that didn't work for me.

Hmmm. I didn't think to ask how about if I fly out of one airport but back to another. I'll give that a try.

I tried this and they would not work with me. I also found that 2- 1 way tickets were not only

better routing but when added together were cheaper...but no go.

Their flex pricing was still cheaper than what i could get on my own so I chose to stick with them, my final payment is coming in a few weeks I hope all goes well as it has in the past when I have used EZ air.

Good Luck

Edited by land lover