Live from the Carnival Sunshine - Weather Alert

CruiseAdict218

Are they sailing back to port early, or just cruising around the ocean? I'm supposed to be getting on the Sunshine this Saturday. Not a good week to cruise with all these storms. Still no word if we will sail up to Canada, or sail at all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

I believe cruising early to beat the storm but we are going to arrive in New York on time. I'm curious what will happen with Your cruise and if the Norwegian Breakaway will be arriving here tomorrow.

NYC will not bear the brunt of the hurricane so you will arrive on Saturday on or close to schedule. So the next departure up to Canada/NE should be fine. Right now the storm is hitting Miami and Florida. Ship will probably swing further out to sea on its way back to NYC to avoid the worst of the storm. But you may feel some wave action.

MARAPRINCE

We sail on Sunshine to Canada on October 8. I know it's all about the safety but we have been looking forward to this for so long. I hope we still get to go!

All the models and meteorologist have Matthew turning east and looping back south prior to getting up to Virginia. A cruise leaving New York heading north to Canada will not be affected. Have a great cruise.