newer summit menus?

jlivings

Someone (sorry, don't recall who) that sailed Summit earlier this year posted them in this Google doc: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B54UuJHl8HiZdEdlSUM5VkpwdkU/view

Seems like they are having a fish or seafood option every night. Does anyone know if they are doing a better job with the fish these days? The only inedible entree I have ever had on a cruise was a Mahi Mahi dish that was horrible.

Funny, I have been on X three times in the past three years and fish was the one thing that was consistently done well. I am planning of having fish most every night on my upcoming cruise.

Great to know. I will have to try some out next month on our cruise.

now if only we had the dessert menus

I was on Summit in May and the desserts were disappointing. Five out of the seven nights I got the always available cheesecake. I think DH got either that or the always available creme brulee every night.

Sorry, but don't get your hopes up.

Funny, I have been on X three times in the past three years and fish was the one thing that was consistently done well. I am planning of having fish most every night on my upcoming cruise.

Agreed... and same with NCL... :cool:

My wife had fish every day of our 14-night Baltic cruise last summer on Eclipse...she loved every bite.

I found the desserts decent but usually would save dessert for a trip to Cafe al Bacio. Those were always worth the calories.

Me too[emoji1] Cafe al Bacio desserts are far superior to mdr offerings

Edited by suekay

• 1 month later...
As long as they have creme brule...I will be very happy. I sometimes order two!!!

My favorites are the escargot, creme brule, and the burgers by the pool.

Creme Brule reminds me of my mother.

She always burnt everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also check thepreismans.com website

This couple posted 13 days of menus from a May 2016 cruise and they will shortly be posted menus from an October 2016 and November 2016 cruise.

As a bonus they also post the menus for every single bar and every specialty restaurant.

MDR menus tend not to vary much from ship to ship, although some items can vary depending on the part of the world you're in. Which menu will apply to which day, however, tend to be different from ship to ship and itinerary to itinerary. Our strategy is to download the menus from the preismans website and check the daily each night for the "chef's recommendation" for the following night's dinner. That makes finding the next night's menu a snap -- and we then decide whether to eat in the MDR or in a specialty restaurant that night.

On past X cruises I've requested creme brulee every night and they happily have provided it. I have also requested some spicy dishes and those have also been made up for me (we shared at the table). Always enjoyed this aspect of cruising with X.