Carnival Elation Rooms

NYthenNC

First time booking a Carnival cruise (haven't been on a cruise in over 10 years). Anyone know what the condition of room U161 or U163 looks like on the Elation? Was wondering if they upgraded the TV to flat screen and if the moldy smell applies to this room. My other options are on the Empress level but not sure if I want that level as it's right below the dining rooms and the lounge. Thoughts?

I've stayed on riviera, upper and empress on Elation. Empress is my favorite. I was close to the lobby bar and everything was within a couple decks so I never used the elevator. The one thing I would say about the area I was in was that I could hear things in the main lounge. It wasn't a big deal to me because I go to bed late but I once took a nap during a show and I could hear it. If you were mid you wouldn't have to worry about that. I was fwd...a few doors past the atrium elevators.

Edited by Saint Greg

Were booked for u162! Following for info. Thinking about upgrading to empress level

We had an issue in U154 on the Paradise and Elation. The laundry across the hall was fine, but around 4am we got the aroma of simmering garlic in our cabin. (Good thing we like garlic) Woke up hungry every morning.