OK, I know it's a petty gripe, but...

Mr DK

New, never cruised before here but can someone explain what the baked alaska parade is? Do you order the dessert and they bring it out in a song and dance? Is it like on The Simpsons when Moe turned the bar into a family restaurant and had "million dollar birthday fries"?

No its nothing like that. If it was on a cruise line the fries wouldnt be extremely hot. Too many preople caught in a routine. Guess what those that have never seen it cant miss it. Everything changes and usually not for the better.

The baked Alaska starts after folks have finished dining at the end of the meal in MDR? Did you enter the dining room late?

I do anytime dining and im not referring directly to the baked alaskan but just the singing and dancing that goes on in the mdr.

I do anytime dining and im not referring directly to the baked alaskan but just the singing and dancing that goes on in the mdr.

On Princess cruises? I don't recall that sort of activity in the dining room. Perhaps on Carnival, yes.

New, never cruised before here but can someone explain what the baked alaska parade is? Do you order the dessert and they bring it out in a song and dance?

Usually it is on the last evening of the cruise.

For the traditional seatings, at dessert time the assistant waiters will parade around a darkened dining room while carrying baked Alaska replicas (use to be real, but that stopped a couple of years ago.).

Then for dessert you can have baked Alaska or anything else on the dessert menu that evening.

The same occurs in Anytime, but it cannot be timed for dessert time since not everyone will be ready for dessert at the same time.

No song or dance, just walking. Recorded music may be played over the speaker system as they walk.