My Time Dinning on Radiance of the Seas

Hi all! I'm new here. I'm going to be taking my second ever cruise next May with my Mom to Alaska on Radiance of the Seas (9 Night Alaska Northern Glacier Cruise). I've been seeing that with My Time Dinning on larger ships such as Oasis, people have experienced waiting up to an hour before being seated for dinner. My question is if anyone has had any experience with My Time Dinning on a smaller ship such as the Radiance of the Seas (I'm correct in saying that Radiance is smaller than Oasis, right?). If so, could you share your experience with waiting times?

We'd prefer not to have to wait a long time for dinner, if possible. When we booked, there was only My Time Dining available, but the agent said that traditional dining would likely open up later. So I'm wondering if we should try to change to traditional.

Any suggestions welcome!!

Thanks!

P.S. The first cruise I took was a long time ago before the start of My Time Dining, so we had the traditional first seating at dinner.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If you want traditional dining, contact whoever booked your cruise and request to get on the wait list.

To get more responses with regard to recent experience with wait times, try asking on the dedicated RC forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

The long wait on Oasis is usually for people that have no reservations or will wait for a table for 2. We tried MTD on Radiance several years ago, horrible experience, tables packed together closer then traditional dining, waiters that know they need to turn tables as quick as possible. it seems like most MTD are in a hurry to get out. We did it one night, I will give them slack because it was the first night, we sat for about 15 minutes without being noticed by the wait staff and then got up and headed to Windjammer for dinner. We asked the headwaiter if we could go back to MDR for the rest of the cruise and he set us up for traditional MDR for the rest of the cruise.. We like to sit and talk and have a long dinner, never again MTD.. happy cruising