Lifeboat drill on Coral Princess

warrior69

Can anyone tell me how Princess handles lifeboat drills for handicapped passengers.

My partner will be using a rollator walker in the stateroom and a wheelchair to get around the ship. He cannot do stairs.

We've been on 2 cruses on NCL since he became less mobile, and NCL exempts handicapped passengers from going to lifeboat drills -- I gave his name to a ship crewmember when I went to the drill.

I just want to know if he will have to muster in person and if he does will be able to use the elevator.

Mike Mortensen

Can anyone tell me how Princess handles lifeboat drills for handicapped passengers.

My partner will be using a rollator walker in the stateroom and a wheelchair to get around the ship. He cannot do stairs.

We've been on 2 cruses on NCL since he became less mobile, and NCL exempts handicapped passengers from going to lifeboat drills -- I gave his name to a ship crewmember when I went to the drill.

I just want to know if he will have to muster in person and if he does will be able to use the elevator.

Mike Mortensen

Princess requires ALL passengers to muster in person and passengers with mobility aids will be allowed to use the elevators. Was just on the Crown Princess with a mobility scooter and my muster station was inside at one of the public venues and not on the open promenade deck by the life boats.

Mike Mortensen

Princess holds all their muster drills inside . This way in case of an actual drill . People can stay warm and comfortable in a sheltered place.

Princess requires ALL passengers to muster in person and passengers with mobility aids will be allowed to use the elevators. Was just on the Crown Princess with a mobility scooter and my muster station was inside at one of the public venues and not on the open promenade deck by the life boats.

^ that. I'd just aim to get yourselves there a bit early so you and your partner can find somewhere to tuck out of the way...and be prepared to sit around for a while after while after until the crowd clears...experience here is that half the ship wants to use the lifts after!

^ that. I'd just aim to get yourselves there a bit early so you and your partner can find somewhere to tuck out of the way...and be prepared to sit around for a while after while after until the crowd clears...experience here is that half the ship wants to use the lifts after!

Good advice. There usually (always?) aren't enough chairs for everyone. We go about 15 minutes early - earlier if in the Princess Theater, as there are only a few seats available before you have to use the stairs.

We just came off the Regal Princess. Our muster station was in one of the bars. We got there a little early to find a seat. The worst was of course when the drill ended and we tried to get back to our cabin. Took almost 45 minutes to get an elevator. Pack your patience the first day.