Allure of the Sea -- Cruise Results 10/9/16

nkaltso

Wifey and I just got off of the Allure and here is our quick Notes form our 23 cruise. Second on the Allure.

We were to go to St. Marteen, Bahamas, and St Thomas. We ended up going to St Marteen, San Juan, and Labadee

The ship is still amazing I highly recommend it.

Here is the Good and Bad from the Week

Good:

-The service in the diamond lounge, even though it was packed it still had the stiffest drinks on the ship.

-The Diamond lounge espresso machine. We played it like a video game and it was working whenever we needed it.

- Mama Mia, this was my first time seeing this show and it was very well done. I liked it better then Chicago

- Cleanliness of the ship

- Showes and entertainment over all, We saw the diving show and Ice games again and it was just as good as the last time.

- The Best gym at sea

The Bad:

- Our room 6554 had the over hanging Jacuzzi dripping on our balcony.

- Gluten free bread served to us at dinner one day was over 3 days old. I stuck a knife in it and it held up vertical. The staff did fix the situation quickly.

- state room attendant was late to arrive and took forever to get to service our room.

- Labadee, Im tired of that port now. Plus it feels like to much of a money grab with anything you do around there.

- Prime Rib is really of the Menu. We noticed it last time on our Baltic Sea cruise but we figured it was we were in the Baltic.

Did you go on this cruise? Add your thoughts below. Im curious if you thought the same.

Firstly, thank you so much for your review. We're going for the first time in Feb so found it quite helpful.

I was curious if you tried any of the specialty restaurants and what you thought of them? Also how was the bar tending service? I'm hearing mixed reviews recently so would appreciate your insight.

Thanks again! Glad you had a good cruise overall!

Firstly, thank you so much for your review. We're going for the first time in Feb so found it quite helpful.

I was curious if you tried any of the specialty restaurants and what you thought of them? Also how was the bar tending service? I'm hearing mixed reviews recently so would appreciate your insight.

Thanks again! Glad you had a good cruise overall!

WildP We did not try the spatiality restaurants.

My Wife and I have a issue with gluten. From our past experiences the typical menu at a specialty restaurant cuts down to about 10% once you take the gluten out.

As for bar service, we had no issues. My wife and I are Diamond members so we received free drinks from 5-8.30. When ever we ordered drinks outside the lounge the bar staff was very friendly and accommodating.

and if you are going on the ship shortly. BOOK YOUR SHOWS NOW.

Have fun

Nick

We were on board the Oct. 2nd cruise. Prime rib was definitely on the menu--don't remember which night.

It is called a strip loin now. Its always offered on the second formal night.

I always order the end cut, and the shape of it is that if a steak. The meat was cooked very slowly and is tender. It was not that bad

We were on this sailing also and had a great time. First time on this ship, usually go on Freedom class but tried the Allure. First impressions, ship seems huge but once you get to know your way around its just laid out a bit different. Weather was great, never felt the ship movement at all. We were kinda sad to see that we would not be going to St Thomas since that was the one port we really wanted to see, but this was due to weather issues so no ones fault.

Ship only seemed crowded the first day due to everyone exploring. Ship was very clean with the exception of all the windows. The inside glass everywhere was spotless but the outside of most windows has a hazy film on them. We had a outside balcony and the window next to the door had hand prints all over it. Didn't mention it to the attendant as I wanted to see how good he cleaned the room on a daily basis. (Window was still dirty when we left) Other than the glass the room was spotless.

We didn't try any of the Specialty resturants so I can't comment on them. We had my time dining for the first time and really seemed like just a way to cram alot of passengers thru the dining room. We only ended up in the dining room twice and it was just a very unenjoyable experience. The windjammer had little to no menu change and was the same everyday. Also it seemed like the windjammer closed alot earlier than I remember on other ships. It closed at 9pm evernight.

The shows were all awesome, Aqua show was great and a great way to kick off the cruise. The parades were on par with other dream work parades on the freedom ships and was alot of fun. My favorate was the ice show How to train a dragon, it was so different from other ice shows and never a dull moment. First time seeing Mama Mia, Ive never seen the movie or play before so I really didnt know what to expect. It was very entertaining and evey thou it was 2 1/2 hours long it really didnt seem like it. Blue planet was also something totally different but also a must see. The ice show Ice Games was a more traditional ice show and also excellent. Last up was the water fountain show in the Aqua theater, I was looking forward to this and since ive seen fountain shows before I really thought this one would be over the top. Well lets just say big flop, it started 30 min later than listed on the cruise planner and then Im not really sure what it was we were watching, they played 3 songs with the fountains and lights just doing there own thing and not even remotely synced to the music.

I like that there are 2 flowriders on board as this I like watching this alot. We did try the zip line and that was alot of fun and highly recommended. The pool deck only got a bit crowded on sea days but never filled up and finding a chair would not be a issue. The elevators did seem to have waits but no more than any other ship.

The crew were all very friendly and I was very impressed with most of them. Katie the activity director was awesome and was on a previous crusie we were on and she really makes the crusie enjoyable. The passengers had a good mix from young kids to seniors and I was impressed with how well all the kids behaved. Its nice to see kids enjoying themselves and having a great time.

Over all it was a excellent time and I can highly recommend the Allure and the shows were Awesome.

We were on the same sailing and I would have to disagree with some things stated. This was my second time on Allure.

First Is the itinerary- it was a pleasant surprise to hear that we'd be sailing from to Puerto Rico, but sadden by the news of the lost of St. Thomas. The only issue I had with this change of itinerary is that all three ports were back to back to back. This can become an issue when trying to enjoy the late night shows and then having to wake up early at San Juan since you only have a few hours at port.

When it comes to feeling the boat rock, you could really feel it work certain nights. Not sure if the cause of this was the haste to make it to st. Marteen or if it was the fact that there were two hurricanes in the ocean at the time or both but there was a good amount of movement.

As per speciality restaurants, this time we tried 150 Central Park. Previously we had tried chops, and in comparison, Chops was the better options. I've read other reviews and some say Giovanni's is another great option, but 150 Central Park kind of let me down, although the salts and butter was a pretty nice things to have.

Shows- please keep in mind this was my second time on Allure. The shows have always been superb. Ma mammia was a wonderful show to watch, I really liked Chicago and this show was wonderful. I don't want to ruin the surprise but if do bring tissues if you are a sensitive person, there are some scenes that can make you cry. But don't worry it is not a sappy play. Oceanaria was amazing, I love to start the cruise with this show. The ice game show was ok. One of the major issues I found with the show is the transitions from scene to scene. Some parts didn't make sense, but I don't blame actors as they still wowed guests.

Stateroom- we had 8570 which I can confirm that you will get splashed from the over hanging jacuzzi.

Crew- everyone is friendly and great customer service. My only bug was the crew director Dru. Idk but he seemed to be off or ill but he didn't seem so enthusiastic as I've found others to be. And it was quiet comical to see him leaving the ship as we boarded back from San Juan as he ran off saying he's off to anthem.

Shore excursions were done at st. Marteen- rhino boat and at labadee- jet ski tours.

Overall an amazing ship that made it so much fun to sail and hard to get off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will have cabin 8556 when we are on the Allure this spring. Yours was the first post I saw about any water coming from those jacuzzis. Were the seas rougher when it happened, or did it happen all the time?

The drip was once every 5 seconds and it happened the entire cruise. The leak landed all over the rescue ship below. Drops never got into the balcony but it was all over the rail. If we leaned over the rail we did get leaked on. I can't say what would happen two floors up

Dsara and W2n. Thanks for the great review. I do agree with you on the ports Labadee does not equal St Thomas. I had plans to go to St Johns this cruise. Oh well I'm sure there will be a next time

Edited by nkaltso

Im the one that really wanted to go to St Thomas but my wife being such a good sport said she was fine with booking another cruise just so I can get to St Thomas.

Lol funny that was my logic once I heard the news. Most of the eastern Caribbean cruises have st Thomas and st marteen as a stop so I know I'd see that port once more.

We were on this sailing, great ship. This is our fifth RCI cruise and was a bit disappointed in the service particulary in some of the bars and sadly in chops grille where the service was very poor.

Our stateroom attendant 4room (9140)was great couldnt be more helpful and the main dinning room service was fab, (my time).

Glad that we got to go to Peueto Rico but like others have little interest in Labadee.

Wifey and I just got off of the Allure and here is our quick Notes form our 23 cruise. Second on the Allure.

We were to go to St. Marteen, Bahamas, and St Thomas. We ended up going to St Marteen, San Juan, and Labadee

The ship is still amazing I highly recommend it.

Here is the Good and Bad from the Week

Thanks for your assessment.