Guests for lunch on boarding day?

Ubu

I have heard that it is possible to invite guests for lunch when boarding. Does anyone know how this works? I am traveling alone and would like to treat my daughter and her husband. Thanks for any help.

I have heard that it is possible to invite guests for lunch when boarding. Does anyone know how this works? I am traveling alone and would like to treat my daughter and her husband. Thanks for any help.

It's called Bon Voyage Experience and is offered on some ships throughout the year. Details here:

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

You can call to find out if it's available for your sailing.

Enjoy.

Edited by reedprincess

Depends on where in the world you are sailing from.

In the USA Princess offers the 'Bon Voyage Experience' on some sailings. Cost is $39 per person, which is credited back if they book a cruise within a certain (very short) time frame. Includes lunch and a few hours hanging about the ship. Must be signed up for in advance by calling Princess; you must furnish your daughter and son-in-law's passport numbers as they will be considered "on the manifest" for those hours.

Elsewhere in the world without such security restrictions as in the USA others have posted that forms for requesting bringing guests onboard can be found on the Princess web site for that region (Australia I believe and possibly UK).

We also treated my niece to lunch for taking us to the pier in San Francisco a couple of months ago.

You will be able to board early with your BVE guests ... so worth the admission for that alone. As others have stated, it is only available in certain US ports and they can only sell up to 50 tickets for non-sailing passengers. The fee is $39 and is non-refundable, non-transferable once purchased. But, as someone mentioned, they can get that applied to a sailing if they book within 30 days of the BVE.

The person(s) that are under the BVE reservation will have to sign up online using the same process that sailing passengers use.

Once you show up at the pier, they will go through the normal security screening and the BVE passenger is also allowed to bring a bottle of wine onboard with no corkage fee ... but only for consumption in your cabin.

You can choose to have a tour of the ship from the future cruise consultant .. or head straight to the dining room for lunch (anywhere on the ship, actually). In the MDR, the BVE passengers will also receive a glass of wine with their lunch.

They will also each get an embarkation photo, so be sure to stop by the guest services desk before getting off the ship ... which I believe has to be done around an 30-60 minutes prior to the muster drill.

While onboard, they are like any other passenger and are allowed to use the pool, spa, eat at any restaurant, etc. They can also buy drinks onboard as they have to enter a credit card or debit card for incidentals when they sign up. You can always enter your card number for them instead if you want to treat them.

I just love this program .... and it can even be used if you don't know anybody that is sailing. Since we live near a port that offers this, we can essentially go for a free lunch as we can always get that $39 fee applied to our next cruise on Princess ... and there is always a next cruise on Princess for us. :)

I just love this program .... and it can even be used if you don't know anybody that is sailing. Since we live near a port that offers this, we can essentially go for a free lunch as we can always get that $39 fee applied to our next cruise on Princess ... and there is always a next cruise on Princess for us. :)

According to the Princess website "The program's new twist also allows cruisers new to Princess to see the inside of a Princess ship and experience the excitement of cruising first-hand -- even if they're not affiliated with booked guests."

Doesn't sound like you would qualify. Have you ever successfully done it????

Elsewhere in the world without such security restrictions as in the USA others have posted that forms for requesting bringing guests onboard can be found on the Princess web site for that region (Australia I believe and possibly UK).

I don't think this is available in the UK, I just clicked the link in post #2 and the 'Day Visits onboard our ships' section says this:

Princess Cruises does not offer a guided ship visit facility while the ships are in Southampton and Dover. During turnaround days the ship’s company is extremely busy with embarking and disembarking passengers, ship preparation and the loading of stores, so showing parties around is not logistically feasible. Our website contains a comprehensive guide to our ships, including staterooms and facilities. If you have further questions please contact our Reservations Team on 0843 373 0333, and they will be happy to help you.

Due to strict Maritime Law and security policies we are unable to allow friends or family of our booked guests onboard our ships during turnaround days or during port calls.

Yes, based on Bon Voyage Experience offered on specific ship's schedule.

According to the Princess website "The program's new twist also allows cruisers new to Princess to see the inside of a Princess ship and experience the excitement of cruising first-hand -- even if they're not affiliated with booked guests."

Doesn't sound like you would qualify. Have you ever successfully done it????

On one cruise we used a BVE as an opportunity for a small pre-cruise Meet & Greet. At least a few of us were Elite and there is no issue. A number of us shared two tables for lunch, said hello and then spent the rest of the time by ourselves.

Sent from my iPad using Forums