Excursion help

susan1957

Want to snorkel....visiting st. Thomas, amber cove...puerto rico and grand turk....anyone have any recommendation for which island is better for snorkelling...many thanks

We have snorkeled at both. Actually St Johns and Grand Turk, but we arranged the St John's excursions while porting in St Thomas.

A Grand Turk we took an excursion that takes you to snorkel "the wall". It is a great experience. The people who took us out took us to the wall and tow other spots. Lots of fish, we even got to pet a small shark that was swimming in the area. It is one of the few excursions I would consider doing a second time.

St Thomas an St Johns have good snorkeling as well. We did a snorkel with sea turtles excursion, and did the snorkel trail at St Johns. If you do the Sea Turtle excursion, on the way back there is a LOT of rum punch.

If you have not already been to both islands, I would snorkel at Grand Turk, there are more things to do in St Thomas. So if you have not been to either island I would snorkel at Grand Turk and do something else at St Thomas.

• 4 months later...
We have snorkeled at both. Actually St Johns and Grand Turk, but we arranged the St John's excursions while porting in St Thomas.

A Grand Turk we took an excursion that takes you to snorkel "the wall". It is a great experience. The people who took us out took us to the wall and tow other spots. Lots of fish, we even got to pet a small shark that was swimming in the area. It is one of the few excursions I would consider doing a second time.

St Thomas an St Johns have good snorkeling as well. We did a snorkel with sea turtles excursion, and did the snorkel trail at St Johns. If you do the Sea Turtle excursion, on the way back there is a LOT of rum punch.

If you have not already been to both islands, I would snorkel at Grand Turk, there are more things to do in St Thomas. So if you have not been to either island I would snorkel at Grand Turk and do something else at St Thomas.

What excursion did you go on? I want to go to the wall

We went snorkeling twice on the yacht nightwind in St Thomas. Great boat & staff, only take up to 12 people at a time, snacks, lunch & open bar are included all day. We would definitely go with them again, it was a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What snorkel excursion did you use at the Turks?

We did a snorkel excursion with Carnival at St Thomas several years back that went to Buck Island & Honeymoon beach that was fun. Earlier this year we didn't do any paid excursions, we just snorkeled off the beach at Cockburn Town in the Turks that was ok.

At St Thomas we snorkeled off the beach at Coki Beach. If you snorkel on the left side along the rocky side we was amazed at what we saw. Even just out in the open the fish was plentiful! I saw an eel & tarpon for the first time.

We had planned on going to Sapphire Beach at St Thomas but didn't make it. I heard it was nice for snorkeling. We have snorkeled at the other places.