Summit for New Years eve

maggieq

Not a ton of kids, a good mix of young and old on onboard. For NYE instead of leaving St.Maarten to sail to the next island, the Captain actually arranged to anchor very close so we could watch the fireworks. There was a party on the outside deck. I had the same NYE cruise booked this year but recently changed it to a sailing one week earlier and saved $2K. Overall I think you would have a great time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
The first night of the cruise will be New Year's Eve. Does anyone know if it will be a formal (chic) night?

Excellent question. this is our first time on Celebrity, prior experiences on other cruise lines suitcases sometimes did not get to our cabin until after 7pm after we had sailed. we priorNew Years Eve sailings we left port the day before so had time to get our things. I can't imagine our clothes/suitcases will be in our stateroom prior to dining time. hope there are others that have taken this cruise on the Summit and can let us know what's what for this New Years Eve.

We've sailed Summit on New Years and left the eve too. No formal night that night. They had a party outside at the pool area and deck above. They also had balloons drop from the ceiling in the atrium area near the stairs.

Summit I've found doesn't attract many children or atleast the 4x we've sailed. Christmas sailing one year was the most of the 4 we've been on but still relatively low considering it's school break.

We almost considered the Summit this New Years since it's our favorite ship and never been to Martinique but decided to try an SClass ship instead.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing, but I figure that since some luggage will still be arriving when the early dinner is being served, it's probably not going to be a formal night. I'm guessing it'll be the next day, on January 1.

Hey, does this mean y'all are on the December 31 sailing of the Summit? You should swing by the roll call!