room waitlist?

henrysdad

We want a verandah for our upcoming cruise, but disney says there is no waiting list for rooms. Whats he best way to try and get a better room?

Just keep stalking the DCL website, and if a room opens up - call DCL immediately, and move your reservation to it.

Beyond that, you can see if they are doing any upsells on embarkation day (after you check in at the port).

Edited by Shmoo here

We want a verandah for our upcoming cruise, but disney says there is no waiting list for rooms. Whats he best way to try and get a better room?

Check the website each day for cancellations.

Then if not successful, ask at the port when checking in.

ex techie

Exactly as above. The easiest time to find an opening is shortly before the Paid in Full date as people who intend to cancel will do so a day or a few days before the penalty period starts. Of course, people can cancel at any time.

Nothing is final until you are on board!

They definitely keep a waitlist for concierge. We've heard various stories about HA rooms, but I do think they have a waitlist also because we once got a notification before I saw it on line. Regular cabins--absolutely no waitlist.

Edited by moki'smommy

They definitely keep a waitlist for concierge. We've heard various stories about HA rooms' date=' but I do think they have a waitlist also because we once got a notification before I saw it on line. Regular cabins--absolutely no waitlist.[/quote']

Are you sure about the Concierge waitlist?? We asked about that on the past several cruises and were told there was NO list kept. The only way we got the cabin we desired was to check the website every day. Luckily, the cabin type we wanted appeared and we called to make the change.

Last year we wanted to book 3 veranda cabinsin a row on deck 10 for this year while we were onboard. The consultant said there were none available so we booked 3 separate cabins. A few months later I called Disney Reservations and asked if any 3 in a row were yet available. The consultant again said no, but she would make a note on my reservation to continue to check. I thought "yeah, right". A few months later, near the cancellation date, we had already paid and we received an email saying all 3 of our separate cabins had been switched to 3 in a row on deck 10. Pretty cool.

All things at DCL are subject to change, but I do know that "Inventory Control" used to keep a list of people wanting concierge suites. They would much rather offer these to someone in advance at full price than discount it at the terminal!

On one cruise, the WD suite was available--the CM explained that the family had canceled with only one day notice due to a medical situation, "so we couldn't get anyone on our list to take it."