Norwegian Breakaway 10/30 itinerary change - -questions

This is my first cruise and I'll have a cabin of 4 and we were just informed that the itinerary would be changing and we would no longer be stopping at one of the ports, Great Stirrup Cay. This island is owned by the cruise line and because of this my drinks package was apparently available to be used here. Now we'll be staying in Nassau for two full days instead. I'm fairly disappointed by this news and even more disappointed that they waited until 2.5 days before leaving that this would be the case.

Should we expect any kind of compensation because of this news? Can anyone give me an indication of what to expect?

I am on your cruise and have done this Itinerary many times. You will still be able to use the package on the ship and it is actually nice that the ship is so close to downtown. For me being stuck in Nassau for two days is really not a bad thing. You can get the same beach experience with a little planning. I am actually happy they notified us … not once have I been notified in advance of a change on my precious cruises. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Edited by luvwater

No compensation. I'm actually happy to know in advance this trip....we've done this itinerary a number of times now and only ONCE have we actually made it to the private island. Many times they are unable to run the tenders due to wind.

This is my first cruise and I'll have a cabin of 4 and we were just informed that the itinerary would be changing and we would no longer be stopping at one of the ports, Great Stirrup Cay. This island is owned by the cruise line and because of this my drinks package was apparently available to be used here. Now we'll be staying in Nassau for two full days instead. I'm fairly disappointed by this news and even more disappointed that they waited until 2.5 days before leaving that this would be the case.

Should we expect any kind of compensation because of this news? Can anyone give me an indication of what to expect?

GSC is never a sure thing,sometimes the Cap will inform you the day getting to the Island if they cant make it, it is a Tender Port and if it is too windy or otherwise the weather makes it unsafe to tender it will be canceled.

The reason yours is being canceled is that the Hurricane caused damaged

to the Island, and they need more time to restore it.

if you had excursions planned on the Island, you will get a refund for that, since it is their Island there are no other refunds such as Port fees for that.

You are lucky that you got 2 days notice, this still gives you time to book

something for Nassau.

Your UBP is good on the ship not just on GSC, and in Nassau you don't pay any other taxes on the drinks like you do in US Ports.

Enjoy the beautiful Breakaway and her outstanding crew........have a wonderful cruise

Marion

I'm on this sailing as well. I'm actually thrilled we got notified at all. Here on Cruise Critic, we all knew 5 days ago we weren't going to GSC, but we had to idea when we were getting into Nassau. I'm happy we at least know something now.

Wow, confirmed 2 full days in Nassau?! I'm on the 11/6 sailing out of NY with a stop in Port Canaveral and Nassau but we will stay there overnight and leave 10am and just be at sea an extra day. I'm also super disappointed in this change and would have LOVED 2 full days at least in Nassau to make up for this. I still understand your frustration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by R2E1GY

Wow, confirmed 2 full days in Nassau?! I'm on the 11/6 sailing out of NY with a stop in Port Canaveral and Nassau but we will stay there overnight and leave 10am and just be at sea an extra day. I'm also super disappointed in this change and would have LOVED 2 full days at least in Nassau to make up for this. I still understand your frustration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure it depends on how many ships were already scheduled to be there.

My opinion is to do your research of Nassau and map out what you want to do that's close to the port. If money is a concern, stay close and then go back on the boat when you're ready to eat/drink if that's even possible.

Im on the 11/20 sailing and hearing about all of these changes I'm going to do my research and think of a plan B. Without reading this forum I wouldn't have known GSC isn't always guaranteed.