Live(ish) from Independence of the Seas - Transatlantic 10/30/16

Southampton is very efficient I think at embarkation. One of the best we've experienced. We are doing the transatlantic back in April so will be interested in your seas especially!! And the variety of entertainment. We have sailed on Indy a lot though and love the ship. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I too would like some info on the quality of internet service especially when out in the middle of Atlantic, I'm doing the spring TA and I'm trying to decide about surf and stream package that is currently on offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could you do a speed test of the onboard internet? There are apps available for either Android or iPhone - SpeedTest Master is good. Thanks.

I've got the surf only package. No problems so far with email, Facebook, Tapatalk etc.

It does appear they've fixed the logging into multiple devices on the 1 device package as it kicked me out when DW logged on. Oh well. It was good while it lasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Surf package and friends of ours have the surf and stream. We will try to remember to screenshot the speed each day. We are using the Speedtest app. Here are today's shots:

Thanks, that confirms that Indy has the newer O3B internet.

Bon voyage!

Is there any way you can find out from the cruise director Jamie (or one of the activity staff) how much longer Jamie will be on the ship (he is due for his break in mid-November) and who will be the next cruise director?

I spoke with Jamie this morning. He is here until January and isn't sure who will be replacing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much! (That's a long contract for him, considering he did 2 months on another ship before coming over to Indy in September.)

Edited by DonnaK