Live(ish) from Independence of the Seas - Transatlantic 10/30/16

Amanda - I spoke with a member of the cruise director staff and he informed me that all the staff on board are very excited for the chartered cruise in a couple weeks. Of course they aren't given out any details for privacy reasons but there is a very positive vibe about the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cayman Turtle,

You've been most helpful and kind! We are certainly looking forward to our trip!

Thanks for taking time to do this!

Amanda

Daily internet test.

Interesting to note that while only an hour apart (going by time on phones, not sure it's accurate) the destination ping is very different (Boca Raton and Funchal). The ping rates seem to be getting worse, though it doesn't seem to be affecting performance that much if Facetime still works OK.

Re interior temperature - for me it was definitely too hot the first few days. You had to go round in sundress or shorts to even be semi comfortable. It's a bit better now - I think they may have turned the air con on.

Interesting to note that while only an hour apart (going by time on phones, not sure it's accurate) the destination ping is very different (Boca Raton and Funchal). The ping rates seem to be getting worse, though it doesn't seem to be affecting performance that much if Facetime still works OK.

The tests are taken roughly the same time. My phone hasn't update for the most recent time zone. We both take the test at noon when we hear the captain's message from the bridge.

LOVING following your review...I'll be onboard in 6 weeks! Haven't cruised in 5 years so there have definitely been changes since then.

The cupcake cupboard you pictured looks great. There's a charge for those though, right? If so, can you give me an idea of how much? And do they change flavors daily?

This is great! We are on board beginning November 19. Hope there aren't any issues with the reggae group disembarking. We had an issue when there was a previous music cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the Brassiere 30 menu from today. As for it being worth it - that depends on if you like what's on the menu. It is a complimentary restaurant.

64d3bda7c8e53de01cdfc8a11453a890.jpg

Good to know thanks! Is it worth lunch in there?

Edited by Cayman Turtle

LOVING following your review...I'll be onboard in 6 weeks! Haven't cruised in 5 years so there have definitely been changes since then.

The cupcake cupboard you pictured looks great. There's a charge for those though' date=' right? If so, can you give me an idea of how much? And do they change flavors daily?[/quote']

Here is the price list and the cupcakes on offer today.

b83305da5543fabf379dedde8c2a3259.jpg

cc1623d51803edbee4a4bdfd377a90e8.jpg

4524430e3e8157f3486ec7800729f60c.jpg

Daily internet test.

If it were not for the earlier numbers, these would indicate a ship without O3B internet. Now of course, it could very well be that there's an outage with the O3B. the system automatically switches over to the older system and that is what we are seeing in terms of numbers.

Here is the Brassiere 30 menu from today. As for it being worth it - that depends on if you like what's on the menu. It is a complimentary restaurant.

64d3bda7c8e53de01cdfc8a11453a890.jpg

Here is the price list and the cupcakes on offer today.

b83305da5543fabf379dedde8c2a3259.jpg

cc1623d51803edbee4a4bdfd377a90e8.jpg

4524430e3e8157f3486ec7800729f60c.jpg

Omg thank you so much!! The menu in the mdr sounds awesome and I said 'they have red velvet' to my fiancé and he got so excited lol!

Enjoy your cruise, if there is any Q&A, can you ask if there is plans to add the Coke Freestyle machines any time, or if not, why not?

According to the CD Indy will not be getting the freestyle machines because Indy doesn't have a license for it. I guess they need a license per ship and because Indy spends half the year in the UK where soda isn't as popular and most often drink packages are included, the cost versus profit just doesn't compute.