Whittier,Homer or Kenai?

jubjang

I've made a decision for half of the plan of my first Alaska trip in July.

- Fly to Anchorage, drive to Denali for 2 nights,

- Back to ANC and spend 2 nights, first day for ANC and its vicinity, 2nd for Whittier(Prince William Sound).

- Drive to Seward and stay for 2 nights (kayak, Fjord tours etc)

- Drive to Kenai Peninsula: Here is my question, If I want to stay overnight in this area, which area should it be- Homer, Copper or Kenai? We're a couple in late 30s, no fishing. Looking for beautiful places (I know AK has a lot!!) and wildlife.

Should I skip Whittier and spend more nights in Kenai Peninsula?:confused:

Tell us a bit more..... are you picking up a cruise in Whittier? I have stayed in all the placed you name and you'll find all of them lovely, but I would not stay over in Whottier unless you have a reason to. For general activities that do not include fishing, I think your best best is Seward, but like I said, I think we need to know more about what you want to see and do?

We won't do the cruise this trip, just the inland. We'll spend 2 nights in Seward. Will use Anchorage as the base for Whittier. Appreciate your comments if one more night in ANC after Whittier worth or just head to Seward after Prince William Sound cruise? If so, we will have 2 more nights before we leave? Where should we stay? Thank you so much.

OK,

New to planning the Alaska thing (we will be doing a post-cruise on our own). I've booked two nights in Seward, but still have a couple of more days to play with. What's to see in Homer and how far is it from Seward? Thanks.

Tammy

OK,

New to planning the Alaska thing (we will be doing a post-cruise on our own). I've booked two nights in Seward, but still have a couple of more days to play with. What's to see in Homer and how far is it from Seward? Thanks.

Tammy

Allow 4 hours for the drive and request their visitor guide. http://akms.com/htguide/

As well as the Kenai Peninsula guide for the trip there. http://www.kenaipeninsula.com

There is so much to do in Homer. Art galleries, beautiful scenery, drive out East End road, lots of eagles, a boat trip to Halibut Cove. The Post Office in Homer has more "true" Alaska gifts than the gift shops. And the Safeway has almost anything you would want, from souveniers to camping supplies.

We love Homer so much that we bought a place there in August. If you have any questions, feel free to email. greatam@earthlink.net

Archived