Who Got Caught Smuggling Acohol?

jboogie9101

Originally Posted by zqvol

What a shame that they go to this effort.

I understood this to mean that "What a same that they (the cruiselines) go to this effort( to find contraband!)"

Since the poster failed to quote the comment that they were referring to it left it up to interpretation by the reader. Since the previous comments were on how they smuggled liquor onboard I read it differently. That the poster was referring to smugglers and not the ship.

Once I'd tried bribing the cashier at the ship duty free liquor when no one was there if he'd allow me to walk out with the booze ($20 in hand for 6 gift bottles, wanted to open the chivas regal.... he smirked, smiled and said take you're $20 and just get a drink;) He totally missed the point of the fun with getting away with a bit extra, it's half the fun, we never drink half the stuff anyway.... the fun is in the smuggling, he must have been new:D

Since the poster failed to quote the comment that they were referring to it left it up to interpretation by the reader. Since the previous comments were on how they smuggled liquor onboard I read it differently. That the poster was referring to smugglers and not the ship.

Plus, the same poster has made other rude comments about how the lines "they" prefer to travel on include the alcohol (which means it's a luxury line) and how if people don't want to pay for their cocktails they should go to "their" line... bah.

We got our bag confiscated and had to see the booze police on our last NCL cruise to reclaim it. I had the bottle of champagne gift wrapped in a box and claimed it was a birthday gift from a buddy. The SO made me open the box and I acted surprised as to its contents. He looked inside, put the lid back on and set it in my luggage and told me have a good time.

Dave

I keep reading all the success stories on how people got alcohol on board........but now I want to hear from the ones that actually got caught. Tell us.......

1. What did u bring it in?

2. checked luggage or carry-on?

3. what cruiseline we you on?

4. how'd they find it?

Can't wait to hear these.....:D :D

Just thought everyone should know....

On Carnival Glory Sept 28 2005, I took 2 bottles of Sauza in my day bag, no one said a word.. Dropped bag in room. 18 year old son wasn't feeling well, so he asked me to pick-up 2 of those decorated baseball bats while I went shopping.. Ok, so I buy 2 in town, get to ship the security guard says no can't bring on board. ( I think the other guy though he was just suppose to lay it on the belt different, cause it didn't know what the guy was talking about.). They tell me I need to return them and get my money back or mail them home because these are weapons and can't be brought on the ship (the ship leaves in 15 minutes) yeah right.

Did I buy it at the recomended shops and didn't I read the sign that tells me what I can and cannot bring on board. The sign is after you get back on board ( I asked everyone after that and NO one saw the sign) The jerk security wan't me to get off the ship and talk to the guy outside, I was to pissed to do that.. Anyways I asked them to hold them like they do the alcohol. No way was not possable...So remember to hide any thing that looks like a weapon.. maybe I could of brought them on..Why there pier shops sell them is beyond me.. But I did get my Tequila on......

..So remember to hide any thing that looks like a weapon.. maybe I could of brought them on..Why there pier shops sell them is beyond me.. But I did get my Tequila on......

I really don't think that "hiding anything that looks like a weapon" is a good idea....

Vodka? The security guard asked as our carry on passed thru the xray. My wife had a 750ml bottle of Grey Goose wrapped in a towel inside a cooler! They made us go to the security desk un-pack and show them the bottle, My wife explained to security that she had a cold and needed it for medicinal purposes. They put it back in the bag and told us not to do it again.

I really don't think that "hiding anything that looks like a weapon" is a good idea....

Look I never dreamed that buying to baseball bats would be a problem.. Your looking at it all wrong.. If its really a weapon you'd better not be on my SHIP... Those cute little canes that people buy and use looks like a weapon to me...Hopefully they don't start making handicapped people go without there weapons...

Look I never dreamed that buying to baseball bats would be a problem.. Your looking at it all wrong.. If its really a weapon you'd better not be on my SHIP... Those cute little canes that people buy and use looks like a weapon to me...Hopefully they don't start making handicapped people go without there weapons...

not looking at it wrong...just saying that your statement of anything that looks like a weapon should be hidden opens up a world of trouble. Yes...baseball bats look like weapons and are frequently used as such. Walking canes attached to the elderly...not so much. If it looks like a weapon hand has a history of being used as a weapon and is hidden...viola...you now have a possible charge of carrying a concealed weapon. I understand that the ones you bought were decorative, however the crew is under orders to not allow weapons on board. If they deem that something you are carrying is/can be construed as a weapon they will not allow it on board. Yes, in the interest of customer service they could have stored them with the liquor people purchased and they could have been more polite about the request to take them back off the ship, but possibly they may have been reacting to a negative attutude from you or some one who was before you. not flaming you, just saying hiding possible weapons...bad idea...

I understood this to mean that "What a same that they (the cruiselines) go to this effort( to find contraband!)"

I thought the same.

What is a shame is that some feel the need to interpert peoples opinions as a negative. :(

Even if the poster did mean passengers, that is his opinion. He has the right to express it as much as those who disagree with him.

Plus, the same poster has made other rude comments about how the lines "they" prefer to travel on include the alcohol (which means it's a luxury line) and how if people don't want to pay for their cocktails they should go to "their" line... bah.

So that makes them rude...because they can afford to take a luxury cruise???:confused:

"]Hopefully they don't start making handicapped people go without there weapons...

HUH? What weapons would that be? And why would they need any on a cruise ship::confused:

If a decorated baseball bat is considered a weapon. A Cane is also long like a bat, I would guess it could do some damage.

My point is where will it end.. I am so tried of these rules, because of a few Rotton People..

not looking at it wrong...just saying that your statement of anything that looks like a weapon should be hidden opens up a world of trouble. Yes...baseball bats look like weapons and are frequently used as such. Walking canes attached to the elderly...not so much. If it looks like a weapon hand has a history of being used as a weapon and is hidden...viola...you now have a possible charge of carrying a concealed weapon. I understand that the ones you bought were decorative, however the crew is under orders to not allow weapons on board. If they deem that something you are carrying is/can be construed as a weapon they will not allow it on board. Yes, in the interest of customer service they could have stored them with the liquor people purchased and they could have been more polite about the request to take them back off the ship, but possibly they may have been reacting to a negative attutude from you or some one who was before you. not flaming you, just saying hiding possible weapons...bad idea...

Ok here is the deal if you can't bring it on board don't sell it on your CANIVAL OWNED PIER

and if the security officers where doing there JOB why did I just bring on two bottles of ALCOHOL... I was really pretty nice about it. One officer took the bats and relaided them on the belt to send them thru again, because it didn't get what other other one was doing, then they got into a discussion in another language. Had they put this information in Carnival Capers I would have never bought the bats. or actully had the sign where one would read it. I wish I had copy to post here because I'm pretty sure, you are guilty of hiding a weapon... 1 out of 5 buy these weapons listed without knowing it... That is way you would hid them, just like the alcohol you are not suppose to bring on board ..

Ok here is the deal if you can't bring it on board don't sell it on your CANIVAL OWNED PIER

and if the security officers where doing there JOB why did I just bring on two bottles of ALCOHOL... I was really pretty nice about it. One officer took the bats and relaided them on the belt to send them thru again, because it didn't get what other other one was doing, then they got into a discussion in another language. Had they put this information in Carnival Capers I would have never bought the bats. or actully had the sign where one would read it. I wish I had copy to post here because I'm pretty sure, you are guilty of hiding a weapon... 1 out of 5 buy these weapons listed without knowing it... That is way you would hid them, just like the alcohol you are not suppose to bring on board ..

and if the security officers where doing there JOB why did I just bring on two bottles of ALCOHOL... I was really pretty nice about it. One officer took the bats and relaided them on the belt to send them thru again, because it didn't get what other other one was doing, then they got into a discussion in another language. Had they put this information in Carnival Capers I would have never bought the bats. or actully had the sign where one would read it. I wish I had copy to post here because I'm pretty sure, you are guilty of hiding a weapon... 1 out of 5 buy these weapons listed without knowing it... That is why you would hid them, just like the alcohol you are not suppose to bring on board ..

I stopped and bought tropical fruit flavored water in Hawaii. On the way back to the ship, I decided to buy a bottle of vodka and fill my empty bottle of water before boarding. The inspector opend the cap and smelled the bottle. She even shook it and noticed the air bubbles from the remaining sparkling water. She was curious but waved me on with my bottle of fruit flavored vodka water. I did wipe the bottle clean afterwards for fear she got her germs on it.

Now I bring my booze in a mouthwash bottle or shampoo bottle. I prefer packing the cardboard box of SH wine in my suitcase because it is easy to keep in the cabin for refills. I really enjoy my wine on the balcony before dinner.

Once I'd tried bribing the cashier at the ship duty free liquor when no one was there if he'd allow me to walk out with the booze ($20 in hand for 6 gift bottles, wanted to open the chivas regal.... he smirked, smiled and said take you're $20 and just get a drink;) He totally missed the point of the fun with getting away with a bit extra, it's half the fun, we never drink half the stuff anyway.... the fun is in the smuggling, he must have been new:D

Your "fun with getting away with a bit extra" could likely cost him his job.

For some of those folks it's the most money they've ever made. I wouldn't risk it for $20 either.

If you need a weapon, just wait for dinner, you can get all the knives you want.

Then of course there is all those golf clubs left laying around or drink glasses. There are all kinds of injuries you can cause with a Bic fountain pen.

Dave

..... Everytime we went to the pursers desk to check on the baggage progress we were told.... "and even the suitcase, entirely full with liquor is on its way to cozumel folks"......

yep, had a designated checked bag on wheels , full of 12 bottles of wine and two liquor bottles (10 of us, plus bringing hometown wines for a meet and mingle).... that Booze bag had so many search tickets in it, it was like confetti, and YES EVERY single bottle was delivered to our cabin when we reached cozumel, despite the fact that the contents had become "well known";)

That is toooo funny!!! :D

That's what I thought. Some posters are really quick to jump to conclusions and flame other posters.

Archived