Who Got Caught Smuggling Acohol?

jboogie9101

I keep reading all the success stories on how people got alcohol on board........but now I want to hear from the ones that actually got caught. Tell us.......

1. What did u bring it in?

2. checked luggage or carry-on?

3. what cruiseline we you on?

4. how'd they find it?

Can't wait to hear these.....:D :D

I keep reading all the success stories on how people got alcohol on board........but now I want to hear from the ones that actually got caught. Tell us.......

1. What did u bring it in?

2. checked luggage or carry-on?

3. what cruiseline we you on?

4. how'd they find it?

Can't wait to hear these.....:D :D

I would think that the people that have been caught are the ones that don't come to CC.. Just a guess:D

ALMOST got caught... had two bottles of Lipton Ice Tea, one was filled w/Gentlemans Jack and the other with Seagrams. The inspector by exray machine took them out of my carry on, looked at them closely then put them back in and said enjoy your cruise. I think she knew since the 'ice tea' had different colors! She was cool.......

ALMOST got caught... had two bottles of Lipton Ice Tea, one was filled w/Gentlemans Jack and the other with Seagrams. The inspector by xray machine took them out of my carry on, looked at them closely then put them back in and said enjoy your cruise. I think she knew since the 'ice tea' had different colors! She was cool.......

about 4-5 years ago, On a celebrity cruise, I had a case of beer, two bottles of wild turkey and about 6 bottles of wine. My boys 16,17,20 at the time knew exactly what I was carrying. Going thru the x-ray machine all three of them ran over to the operator, who was viewing the luggage saying they wanted to see "THIS BAG" go thru. The operator got a big kick out of it and said, have a happy cruise.

I keep reading all the success stories on how people got alcohol on board........but now I want to hear from the ones that actually got caught.
Then you'd have better luck posting this on the NCL board. NCL is the most militant in searching checked luggage.

about 4-5 years ago, On a celebrity cruise, I had a case of beer, two bottles of wild turkey and about 6 bottles of wine. My boys 16,17,20 at the time knew exactly what I was carrying. Going thru the x-ray machine all three of them ran over to the operator, who was viewing the luggage saying they wanted to see "THIS BAG" go thru. The operator got a big kick out of it and said, have a happy cruise.

That is hilarious! gotta love the kids huh? :) thanks for sharing that. :D

On a serious note, I have read that the cruise lines, which are public corporations, have been distressed by the amount of alcohol brought aboard since it cuts into their profit margin. Look for greater enforcement in the future.

Me!!!

My adult kids were meeting us in Miami the night before the cruise so I bought them some Corona Beer and rum for drinks while we relaxed and caught up. They were so tired when they arrived that we didn't open any of it. Not one to throw things out, I put in all in my carryon along with a bottle of wine that I had. I was taken out of the line after x-ray and they went through the bag (told me it was the six metal bottle caps all line up on the x-ray machine). Took out the beer and rum and left the wine. I had to go to a special table where they made out a voucher and told me I could pick it up after the cruise. With all the haste at departure I forgot it. The only thing that happed was that I kept running into people on the cruise who would say "Aren't you the one who got caught!!!"

Moral: Next time leave it for housekeeping!!!

When were on the NCL Sun a few years ago, both DH & I had a bottle in our suitcases. His made it to the cabin undetected (I guess), my suitcase had a huge red piece of tape that went all the way around the suitcase. LIQUOR was printed several times on the tape....but they let me keep it. I don't think they will be as generous now.

We just got back from the conquest 11/13/05 -- when we went to Jamaica we visited Appleton Estates for a rum tour. We purchased 5 bottles of rum, we put it through the exray when we boarded and the exray operator told us to check it all in at the next table. When we got to the next table there was a long line with everyone checking in the booze they had purchased in Jamaica. My husband didn't want to wait in line, so we just took the box with Appleton Estates Rum clearly marked all over it to our stateroom and no one stopped us. So I guess we're rum smugglers.

put it through the exray when we boarded and the exray operator told us to check it all in at the next table. When we got to the next table there was a long line with everyone checking in the booze they

I had an interesting experience boarding the Conquest in Jamaica. We were among the last to reboard We put four bottles on the X-ray belt and they told us to check it all in at the next table...

So we walk over to the next table, and there's nobody there. No people waiting, nobody behind the table, no nothing.

So of course we just kept walking ;)

What a shame that they go to this effort.

What a shame we're embarrassing you. You could always skip the threads about this or hang out on the board where "your" cruise line where the alcohol is "always included" is discussed... :rolleyes:

On NCL my Aunt had brandy in Diet Pepsi 20 oz. bottles....Security made her open one up and drink it in front of them. She did...without wincing...and they believed her... :D

On this same cruise, my Dad had Diet Coke bottles filled with Manhattans in his suitcase. His was among the marked "questionable" luggage and he had to go and pick it up. They asked what was in the suitcase...he said "Just a couple bottles of Diet Coke......" and they let him go! :D

Anyone else get a picture of Thurston Howell III making this statement when reading this??:p :D :p

Isn't it sad that some people have to come to the Carnival boards for entertainment and then make such comments....:rolleyes: If this type of behavior bothers you then maybe you should stick to one of the "other" boards with posts that address more sophisticated topics.

Anyone else get a picture of Thurston Howell III making this statement when reading this??:p :D :p

Isn't it sad that some people have to come to the Carnival boards for entertainment and then make such comments....:rolleyes: If this type of behavior bothers you then maybe you should stick to one of the "other" boards with posts that address more sophisticated topics.

Originally Posted by zqvol

I understood this to mean that "What a same that they (the cruiselines) go to this effort( to find contraband!)"

I don't even drink alcohol and have gotten some big laughs at the subterfuge!

Gives me ideas for smuggling my extra cartons of smokes aboard.

Since I smoke a brand that the cruiselines don't carry, I can put 4 cartons in a Dr. Pepper box, reglue it, and sell them to ladies who run out of "our" brand...LOL!

Carnival ALWAYS passes our checked liquor smuggling without a problem. first time trying the boxed wine on saturday so we'll see;)

RCI, our luggage was lost, pre RCI boarding... we had a group of 10, 22 bags to claim on our first port..... Everytime we went to the pursers desk to check on the baggage progress we were told.... "and even the suitcase, entirely full with liquor is on its way to cozumel folks"......

yep, had a designated checked bag on wheels , full of 12 bottles of wine and two liquor bottles (10 of us, plus bringing hometown wines for a meet and mingle).... that Booze bag had so many search tickets in it, it was like confetti, and YES EVERY single bottle was delivered to our cabin when we reached cozumel, despite the fact that the contents had become "well known";)

Archived