Xmas on Princess

CarlaBlit

I don't know how they'll handle it while in port because for us both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were sea days, thankfully. On Christmas Eve, pax, officers, cruise staff, and various members of the crew gathered in the Piazza to sing Christmas carols. On Christmas Day, there was a whole morning of activities that included face painting, cookie decorating, and games. Then Santa arrived to give a present to each child. He also stated for anyone who wanted to sit on his lap and have a picture taken, children and adults alike. At dinner, you could order from the regular options or traditional Christmas feast foods. The ham, turkey, and British desserts were scrumptious! Throughout the cruise, the ship was decorated beautifully with garlands, a tree, crew wearing Santa hats, and Christmas music playing all over. Pax adorn themselves in festive ware like Santa hats, light up necklaces, and Christmas colors. A Christmas cruise is truly magical! We are hooked on them now!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've had the pleasure of 2 Christmas cruises. One on the Sapphire and last year on the Crown. As others have mentioned it is very festive with the decor, activities such as gingerbread house making, caroling etc. All of the children on board were treated to a GRAND entrance by Santa and his elves in the Piazza. Christmas onboard a Princess ship is nothing short of magical especially for the little ones.

A few pics of Christmas 2015 onboard Crown Princess:

c18178623fae3e2ebf0e426cbb9a8dfc.jpg3142bc5e505cf0f1b583ad5e05086f9b.jpg

23281801d7701cb7a14e7d6ce81c4734.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you planned to do a lot of shopping (or much of anything really) on those two port days you may find that nothing is open. Hopefully that works for you.

EDIT: Where will you be porting on those days? If you are in Thailand it isn't an actual "official" holiday so you shouldn't have a problem finding open shopping venues. You may well see some Christmas decorations that differ from what you are used to. It could be pretty cool. :)

As others have said above, the ship will be decorated and the staff will participate.

I do not celebrate Christmas...so all of the decorations and such mean nothing to me...But, because it is school vacation and my wife works for the schools, we always cruise over the holidays....

...and that holiday port day thing can really be an issue. One cruise, we took a Princess shore excursion from Cabo into Todos Santos...and found the place a ghost town...nothing open..may have been the most boring shorex ever.

This coming Christmas, we're on the Ruby...

Christmas Eve we'll be in Cabo..from noon to 6...

Christmas Day is Mazatlan...

Boxing Day is Puerto Vallarta..but I don't think Boxing Day means much except in Britain and, maybe, other recent British Empire outposts..

So, I contacted Princess early...and they assured me that ALL shore excursions are running as planned. And they have been selling them! Excursions on Christmas in Mazatlan that visit the Cathedral (Won't that be otherwise in use that day?), that visit the Brewery (Don't they close and give the employees the day off?) and that visit the stores in the Golden Zone shopping district (Maybe they'll keep Diamonds International open!).

Anyway, we booked nothing in Cabo...we'll tender into town and walk around...but I assume shops will close early for Christmas Eve...which is a big deal there. And, in Mazatlan, we've booked the bird-watching Estuary Boat tour...I assume the birds and wildlife don't take Christmas off!!!

Edited by Bruin Steve