If I pre-pay a restaurant now do I get a refund later?

Jezo

I am going to Ocean Blue with myself and family but only two of us will eat there as my son will not have SDP nor want to eat anything on the menu, he'll be getting food off the free kids menu.

Reserving now though charges me for all the party members no matter what, so how does this get adjusted? Do I have to wait to be on the ship to get the pre-pay refund?

I am going to Ocean Blue with myself and family but only two of us will eat there as my son will not have SDP nor want to eat anything on the menu, he'll be getting food off the free kids menu.

Reserving now though charges me for all the party members no matter what, so how does this get adjusted? Do I have to wait to be on the ship to get the pre-pay refund?

The system should only charge you for the two people with SDPs (you should see a charge for $35.40). If the online system is trying to charge you for 3 people ($53.10), then call reservations and have them make the booking for you.

Or pay the $53.10 and get a refund (as an On Board Credit) at the time of dinner.

The system should only charge you for the two people with SDPs (you should see a charge for $35.40). If the online system is trying to charge you for 3 people ($53.10), then call reservations and have them make the booking for you.

Or pay the $53.10 and get a refund (as an On Board Credit) at the time of dinner.

It's strange, I put 4 people it comes up as $70. 3 People $53. but then I put it all the way up to 6 people and it switched to free / al la carte.

I guess I do need to call.

OP i'm running into this situation with teppayaki with 2 kids that want to eat off the kids menu. without purchasing SDP it has asked me to pay for 4. i likely will buy the sdp for 2 and if it still insists on charging me for 2 others, ill just pay and use the OBC they give me back.

regarding ocean blue, i highly recommend the dover sole. i never had it before but had it last month and i even wanted to go back and pay the 25 cash another day for a 2nd.