Christmas Decorations

ancryan

I'm going on the Grand on November 26. Will there be Christmas decorations up yet? When do they start putting them out?

Welcome to the boards.

Here are a couple of links to other threads about decorations that might answer your questions...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=250621&highlight=christmas+decorations

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=249274&highlight=christmas+decorations

Enjoy your cruise.:)

We sailed on the Grand last year at about that time. Actually, our sailing last year began on November 27. Unfortunately, there were no Christmas decorations up for or during our cruise. However, the day we disembarked, we saw them begin to put them up. So unless they put the decorations up earlier this year, then I'm afraid you will miss them. :(

We had planned to sail on the Grand this year during that time as well, but due to some conflicts ended up on the December 10 sailing. Your sailing will be the first one of the Galveston season.

We would really like to see the Princess Patters before we leave on our sailing. It will help our roll call decide on what day during the week to have a second meeting (after sailaway) and also the date/time of some events where we are going to get together, like the Wizard of Oz singalong. So please, would you or someone else who will be on this sailing keep and send the Princess Patters to me. (via fax, email, or if you are flying out of Houston, I''ll meet you at the airport :) ). I will share them with my roll call group, and, if they are scanned, send them to Cruise Clues, for posting.

I posted this request on the roll call of the sailing, but haven't received any response...yet. :D

We have sailed several times during this time and decorations usually go up right after Thanksgiving (the weekend after). Obviously there are exceptions and each ship may do it differently but I really think decorations will be up.

Archived