Journey cruises

bhorney32

Can someone tell me how journey cruises work? Like do they all have the 80s theme night John heald was talking about today? What are they like in general? I'm taking my first one in may.

Carnival Sunshine- June 21, 2014

Carnival Valor- June 20, 2015

Carnival Dream- June 19, 2016

Carnival Ecstasy- October 15, 2016

Carnival Sunshine- May 15, 2017

We've done two Journeys, both on the Miracle. Mexican Riviera and Hawaii. Also did one Hawaii cruise before the Journeys program started.

They're not much different than a regular cruise. Noticed more of a difference because the CD changed than because it was a Journeys cruise.

I can't see much difference other they are longer. They do have the 80's throwback and the midnight buffet. Some of the games from the past are brought back. They are fun all the same. I have been on 2 so far and have a 3rd booked. I do like the longer cruises though.

Our Sunshine cruise in August 2016 was a Journeys cruise. As others have said, there are throwback games & activities. Please note that, although cash is not normally used on the ship, we were unable to participate in the horse race because it was paid by cash. We had 4 arts & crafts sessions. We made Mardi Gras masks for a Mardi Gras parade held in the atrium. There was a captain's cocktail reception & also a midnight buffet.