So, apparently you can now order Cheers for the first night of a Mobile cruise

Sugaree5335

The website is no longer listing Alabama as a state where you can't get Cheers the first day. And when you add it to the Fun Shop cart, it lists all days of the cruise rather than the one-day-less that it used to charge. The law didn't change, so I wonder if they found a loophole?

The website is no longer listing Alabama as a state where you can't get Cheers the first day. And when you add it to the Fun Shop cart, it lists all days of the cruise rather than the one-day-less that it used to charge. The law didn't change, so I wonder if they found a loophole?

Hmm....wonder why it changed?? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There has been some recent news about ABC (Alabama Beverage Control) cracking down on restaurants about outdoor consumption of alcohol, but basically ABC has left it up to the cities. Obviously Mobile has no incentive to prevent Carnival from selling alcohol, especially with the high sales and restaurant tax rates that Mobile has on the books.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note7 using Tapatalk. Hey, do you smell anything burning?

There has been some recent news about ABC (Alabama Beverage Control) cracking down on restaurants about outdoor consumption of alcohol, but basically ABC has left it up to the cities. Obviously Mobile has no incentive to prevent Carnival from selling alcohol, especially with the high sales and restaurant tax rates that Mobile has on the books.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note7 using Tapatalk. Hey, do you smell anything burning?

They have always been able to sell alcohol with certain restrictions. They chose not to sell the Cheers package. Also increases their revenues for that first day.

There are simply restrictions that Carnival did not want to deal with as RCL sells (and makes available the first day) all of their beverage packages in all of the so-called restricted ports.

It seems that with Alabama making it easier to deal with Carnival will now offer it in Mobile.

Maybe they will follow suit in the others.