Feeling ill!!!!

FloridaMommyof3

Yeah ... right before leaving on Sunday. I work as a High School Secretary, and everyone has been getting sick, except me. Yesterday it started ... the sinus congestion, sore throat, etc. Uggg .... I was fighting it like a warrior (lol) then just decided to bite the bullet and see the doctor. Got a Z-Pak to start today for a sinus infection and hoping that will kick whatever it is out of me. I really almost didn't go, but felt better safe then sorry. Do NOT want to visit the infirmary on the ship after hearing so many not so great things.

Yeah ... right before leaving on Sunday. I work as a High School Secretary, and everyone has been getting sick, except me. Yesterday it started ... the sinus congestion, sore throat, etc. Uggg .... I was fighting it like a warrior (lol) then just decided to bite the bullet and see the doctor. Got a Z-Pak to start today for a sinus infection and hoping that will kick whatever it is out of me. I really almost didn't go, but felt better safe then sorry. Do NOT want to visit the infirmary on the ship after hearing so many not so great things.

ugh so sorry to hear that! I hope your meds work fast and you can have a wonderful cruise!

I get chronic sinus infections with the changing of the seasons as well as the dry of winter. Zpak is great, add to that losenges and if you can handle it do do the Zinc ones, I think they are called Zicam? you can also add Mucinex(I am taking this right now, lol, the ADD fall/winter behavior has my sinuses going nuts). It is safe to take all of those together and it will cut thee issues quicker so you can enjoy your cruise.

the good thing is sinus infections are not contagious so that is the good side!

Yeah ... right before leaving on Sunday. I work as a High School Secretary, and everyone has been getting sick, except me. Yesterday it started ... the sinus congestion, sore throat, etc. Uggg .... I was fighting it like a warrior (lol) then just decided to bite the bullet and see the doctor. Got a Z-Pak to start today for a sinus infection and hoping that will kick whatever it is out of me. I really almost didn't go, but felt better safe then soGo and enjoy your cruise.

Can I also suggest some supplements to help boost your immune system - vitamin C, B & D with Magnesium & Zinc

(Vit. D helps your body absorb the vital Vit. C, zinc helps your stomach absorb nutrients such as magnesium & Vit B.)

Antibiotics will fight the infection but can also be taxing on the bod, so hope this helps with recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What a bummer. Hope you feel better soon.

If you find you need some OTC drugs on the ship, the infirmary will sell them to you without seeing a nurse or doctor for a lot less than they cost in the onboard gift shop.

Enjoy your cruise. Maybe that salt air will help.