MITSUGIRLYS EPIC CRUISE--2nd time around-1st from Port Canaveral

mitsugirly

Thanks for the response back Kim! I appreciate it. I thought it was you?? Anyway, after I ordered it, I read a bunch of negative reviews on it (with the same issues you had - not fitting properly and having difficulty changing the modes, the pictures "fading" along the edges). I cancelled my order and got a Nikon instead! :) I hope I made the right decision!

Is the Nikon a goggle lens? Haven't heard of it...but not really "hip" on the goggle lens to begin with.

Is the Nikon a goggle lens? Haven't heard of it...but not really "hip" on the goggle lens to begin with.

Oh my goodness no! I am a complete amateur when it comes to taking pictures! It is just a inexpensive CoolPix S33. I was reading reviews of what cameras were rated the best (I learned my lesson to read up on things before I go happy shopping! LOL), and the Nikon faired well in the survey with a low cost (It was only $140). Someday, I will work my way (and skill) up and purchase a more "high-tech" camera like yours. Your underwater pictures truly are beautiful.

Oh my goodness no! I am a complete amateur when it comes to taking pictures! It is just a inexpensive CoolPix S33. I was reading reviews of what cameras were rated the best (I learned my lesson to read up on things before I go happy shopping! LOL), and the Nikon faired well in the survey with a low cost (It was only $140). Someday, I will work my way (and skill) up and purchase a more "high-tech" camera like yours. Your underwater pictures truly are beautiful.

Just so you know, for future reference, you can find some of the older versions of the Olympus...like my 620 & 830 for pretty cheap on eBay. We bought sakari the 620 last year for Christmas for around $125. They all take good pictures and equivalent to each other. Just the tg4 has more settings and you can add lens to it is the big difference. :)

• 3 weeks later...
PB161840%20copy-L.jpg

PB161857%20copy-L.jpg

I didn't even realize that Kendra had followed us out and was behind me. She loves the water too. I've created 2 monsters.

PB161847%20copy-L.jpg

PB161867%20copy-L.jpg

PB161861%20copy-L.jpg

PB161860%20copy-L.jpg

Mitsugirly apologies if you have already covered this in one of your threads but what camera are you using for your underwater pics? I’m taking my family on our first cruise in April. I was so torn on what to do on st t and originally was contemplating a private boat charter but I think you have just sold us on Coki. My kids will be 7 and 9 and first time snorkellers and I would prefer to sit on the beach. About 10 years ago pre kids I had a great little Olympus underwater camera that I accidentally drowned. I’m looking at your photos and am in awe. I know Olympus make a good underwater camera but wasn’t sure if you use anything different. I think this is going to be far more useful than a go pro !!! Thanks in advance and I do hope we have just a s much fun on St Thomas as you did.

• 2 weeks later...
Mitsugirly apologies if you have already covered this in one of your threads but what camera are you using for your underwater pics? I’m taking my family on our first cruise in April. I was so torn on what to do on st t and originally was contemplating a private boat charter but I think you have just sold us on Coki. My kids will be 7 and 9 and first time snorkellers and I would prefer to sit on the beach. About 10 years ago pre kids I had a great little Olympus underwater camera that I accidentally drowned. I’m looking at your photos and am in awe. I know Olympus make a good underwater camera but wasn’t sure if you use anything different. I think this is going to be far more useful than a go pro !!! Thanks in advance and I do hope we have just a s much fun on St Thomas as you did.

Hello! :)

My very first post/introduction goes over my cameras. ;)

Olympus is simply AWESOME! I have 3 models.

I hope you have a great time in St Thomas too. We love Coki for the snorkeling and scuba diving.