Vista Drink prices??

funinthsun

I'm trying to decide about the drink package on our upcoming cruise on Vista..Does anyone have any information on the prices onboard. ..or drink menus to upload. The Cheers package is very expensive, so I wanted to compare if I were to just buy them. Not a big drinker, but it's a vacation, too. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Joan:)

I am sure a spread sheet will be posted as this has been addressed many many many times under the cheers threads. But beers are $5-8 each plus gratuity, drinks $6-10, DOD's and frozen drinks $7-10, and wine $8-12 each. So it would only take about 5-6 per day to break even. Not to mention the fact it covers all non alcoholic drinks-waters (1 and 1.5 liters), soda, energy drinks, virgin frozen drinks, juice, specialty teas, specialty coffees, and milkshakes. So drink any of these and it becomes much less per day.

Edited by code_d

We are on the Vista in about two weeks. I was going to preorder my husband the drink package when I learned that Carnival requires both occupants in the cabin to purchase the package. To the best of my knowledge, they are the only cruise line with this policy. I'm sure that it is in response to those who purchase one drink package and then "share". The total cost was almost $1000 and, as I don't drink, I was quite sure I wouldn't get my diet sodas worth! I think this policy is unfair to those of us who don't choose to drink - so sadly my husband will not have the package he has come to enjoy on other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival requires both occupants in the cabin to purchase the package. To the best of my knowledge, they are the only cruise line with this policy. I'm sure that it is in response to those who purchase one drink package and then "share". I think this policy is unfair to those of us who don't choose to drink -

Carnival is not the only cruise line with this policy.

The "both must purchase" policy is the same on Costa, Holland America, MSC and Norwegian.

Windstar charges by the cabin at $116 for the week.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1470

If you don't drink, I would think it would be silly to get the package. Just have your husband purchase his drinks as he goes. Odds are he won't spend as much as both of you purchasing the package and you not drinking.

We've done it both ways and this Jan on the Vista (8 night) we were not thrilled with the almost $1000 price tag. We DO drink, but with four port, thought it might not be worth it. BUT that was when it was just my husband and I going...now there are two more, so with a group, odds are we will be doing more drinking than we would do alone, so we are going to purchase it.

I like the ease of having it....bu the cost...ouch.