Bamboo Beach from Falmouth

CruisingYiayia

• 2 weeks later...

We took a combined Dunns River Falls and Bamboo Beach Club excursion last week and the answer is a firm NO!

Dunns River Falls, which I didn't even want to do but since we booked at the last minute and the only beach excursion was combined with the Falls, was very fun and a great experience.

The Bamboo Beach Club was not a good experience at all. It was about 1 hour 15 mins from Falmouth. We did the beach club after the Falls and I think spent too much time at at the falls, as it was very crowded. The club was disorganized, not that clean, the beach loungers were dirty. It started raining once we got there and there was really no place for us to go other than stand around the periphery of a salad bar/something (never figured out what it was as the employee who was there stood there the whole time we were there and did nothing but stand there).

Our hostesses did a great job but it was overwhelming for them, as one of them handed out drinks and one handed out food to 38 people, which was entirely too much for two people to handle. I had figured that the beach club had been similar to one we had seen in Cozumel with a nice beach, nice lounge chairs, using an open bar and getting food from a dining area or buffet. That was not how it was here. One of the hostesses brought out trays of drinks, rum punch, rum with lemonaid or beer and nothing else was offered. The drinks were terrible. The food was brought out on trays by the hostess so some people were just receiving their food when it was time to leave. The food was not good at all either. There were plenty of other people working there who looked like they could've helped these hostesses but they didn't. The beach area was very crowded.

The whole beach club portion of the excursion was terrible. They switched buses on us at some point but didn't tell anyone. Some of the passengers had left items on the other bus but no one told the hostesses that the items had been put in the switched bus. The bus that we switched to could hardly make it up the hills back to the port, making an hour plus trip longer. Luckily, we were on a ship excursion as we were late getting back to the ship, otherwise the ship would have left without us.

I would NOT recommend going to the Bamboo Beach Club at all. Someone told me that their friend bought a day pass to Sandals resort for $75 which included transportation back and forth, which if I go back to Falmouth, I will do.

Edited by katmandu2

We will be on the Oasis in January and are considering the RCCL Bamboo Beach excursion. Is it worth it? How far is it from Falmouth? TIA

We were just in Falmouth a few weeks ago on Allure and did an AI. Royalton White Sands. It's only about 10-15 minutes from the pier.

The place was awesome. My nice aged 38 said it was the best day of her life. lol

https://jamaicacruiseexcursions.com/FalmouthBeachBreak.htm

Cost was $98pp. We were picked up at 8:45am and driver met us to take us back at 2:45pm

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
We were just in Falmouth a few weeks ago on Allure and did an AI. Royalton White Sands. It's only about 10-15 minutes from the pier.

The place was awesome. My nice aged 38 said it was the best day of her life. lol

https://jamaicacruiseexcursions.com/FalmouthBeachBreak.htm

Cost was $98pp. We were picked up at 8:45am and driver met us to take us back at 2:45pm

Bill

Hi Bill. The link does not give a resort name--does it vary? Also, it says transportation is not included. . .how much extra was it?

Hi Bill. The link does not give a resort name--does it vary? Also, it says transportation is not included. . .how much extra was it?

No it doesn't vary. i was wondering that myself when I first investigated taking this excursion. You can tell by the picture of the waterslides that it is the Royalton White Sands.

Transportation was $20 each way for up to 4 people. There is an option to add transportation when you book the resort.

After we booked it it told us where to meet the driver and his name. It was a short 2 minute walk to the courthouse.

Others have said they felt intimidated walking to the courthouse but we had no problems. We were asked repeatedly if we needed a cab but when we told them we already had transportation we had no problem.

It was an awesome place that I would definitely go back to and spend a week.

Bill