What are the odds?

Dark Avenger

I sit here on December 6th wondering if I will be able to book a cabin for the Mediterranean Odyssey cruise in April of 2017.

Our preference is the lowest Veranda V1, or V2 cabins, but we might stretch for a Deluxe PV6, basically the three lowest rate classes.

Of course the ship show sold out.

Anyone had any experience is finding openings due to cancellations, etc,?

I sit here on December 6th wondering if I will be able to book a cabin for the Mediterranean Odyssey cruise in April of 2017.

Our preference is the lowest Veranda V1, or V2 cabins, but we might stretch for a Deluxe PV6, basically the three lowest rate classes.

Of course the ship show sold out.

Anyone had any experience is finding openings due to cancellations, etc,?

I was on Viking Homelands in September '16, which supposedly sold out very early, I think before the ship was finished. However, when we boarded, we spoke to several that had just recently booked and some didn't know for sure what their cabin was until they boarded. When I asked my Viking Rep about this he said that they had started this practice recently. Since booking opens so early, sometimes people have to change their plans for whatever the reason. Due to this they started a wait list to help fill the recently vacated cabins. It is usually posted at the lowest price cabin as an option. I am not sure if it means you will be notified for those cabins only or any cabin that becomes available. I'm sure Viking can clarify. Like I said ran into a couple on our cruise.

Viking refund policy allows for a cancellation of a booked cruises with a full refund minus a $100 fee until 121 day before departure. Cabins may become available as that deadline approaches. I believe they also allow wait lists.

Good luck with getting a reservation. We were on that cruise this October and it was wonderful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Viking refund policy allows for a cancellation of a booked cruises with a full refund minus a $100 fee until 121 day before departure. Cabins may become available as that deadline approaches. I believe they also allow wait lists.

Good luck with getting a reservation. We were on that cruise this October and it was wonderful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For a 2018 Caribbean cruise, we took a guaranteed cabin in the veranda section. We will be given a cabin in veranda or better before we cruise. My understanding is that the cabin may be assigned when we get on the ship.

I suggest you call Viking directly if they have any categories available. We were able to get a much better cabin than we would have booked at a great price a couple of months before the cruise. They want to fill all the cabins, so it's worth checking.