Best West Bay beach on your own??

1cruisingal

Hi, we'd like to do some good snorkeling from shore and we'd like to grab a taxi or driver for the day to take us there. I've read that Tabyana is a great place to go to but it's booked through the ship, and we want to do it on our own. Does anyone have any suggestions of a place we could go to where we can snorkel and just relax on the beach?

There are resorts or beach restaurants that offer day passes to cruise ship passengers. You can hire a driver or maybe you could arrange transportation through the resort. I think one restaurant, Bananarama, provides transportation. You can snorkel right off the beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just posted this on another post and thought I might tell you of our experience.

We went to Tabyana Beach through the ship excursion. It was a very nice place. No boats that I saw. Only boys in kayaks that would take you out to the deeper part to snorkel. (which I did) Great snorkeling that day. There was someone every half hour or so there to take you back to the ship when you were ready. I think the price was $40 pp and after checking taxi prices and the distance to travel I didn't think this was a bad price at all. They have some people watching your things there. BTW we don't always take a ship excursion. Normally I check the distance and where I am going (like Belize) as to whether I take a ship sponsored excursion, take a cab, or a private excursion. That price also included a chair and umbrella at the beach.

No worry about finding a cab there or back. We knew that someone would be there to take us back when we were ready.

I'd look into a day pass from Bananarama. It's located there on West Bay Beach and is a 5 minute walk to Tabyana "beach" Tabyana is literally just a section of West Bay that is owned by the cruise lines. We've stayed on the island with Bananarama. It's a great place with good food. We just toss our stuff on a chair and walk down to the snorkeling area. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'd look into a day pass from Bananarama. It's located there on West Bay Beach and is a 5 minute walk to Tabyana "beach" Tabyana is literally just a section of West Bay that is owned by the cruise lines. We've stayed on the island with Bananarama. It's a great place with good food. We just toss our stuff on a chair and walk down to the snorkeling area. :)

I was looking into Bananrama how did u book via website ? Or can we just take a taxi there and pay at the resort?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I was looking into Bananrama how did u book via website ? Or can we just take a taxi there and pay at the resort?

I would try emailing Bananarama. I couldn't find a way to reserve the beach day on their website.

Another booking option https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/roatan/west-bay-beach-day.html

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tabayana Beach only (with lunch) from NCL is $85, and with snorkel $99. Someone mentioned $40 in an earlier post?

Yes with carnival it is 40 pp and includes transportation and chair and umbrella. No food is included.

Tabayana Beach only (with lunch) from NCL is $85, and with snorkel $99. Someone mentioned $40 in an earlier post?

Yes with carnival it is 40 pp and includes transportation and chair and umbrella. No food is included.

If you have your own snorkel gear, you don't need the snorkel package.

I would e-mail them before you go. Use the e-mail on their website to make sure they have room. They have always been quick to respond to any of my questions.

I would go to Las Palmas. Not sure how you would book it but they do have a bus come. It might be Carnival not sure. We stayed there last year and it was never real crowded on cruise days but you can swim to the reef and there is a bar and restaurant right there. There will be some one to rent you snorkel gear if you like. Quieter thatn West Bay Beach, and snorkeling is better