Tracy Arm Excursion?

Cruznjuly

Would really like to do this excursion.

We are currently booked on NCL Pearl on the May 21 sailing...hoping that there was an excursion from Juneau but I'm not seeing it. Does NCL ever offer it?

I even went to the Princess site...and looked at their May 20th Ruby sailing and they don't seem to offer it either.

Are these only offered in certain times of the season and perhaps not for RT out of Seattle?

I recall reading other threads indicating that this excursion is typically only run during a portion of the season. Early in the season, the Arm is likely to be choked with ice. (I don't remember why they said that they don't run the excursion late in the season.)

I did not like NCL . com as a website, so I did not look far. (I did click "sail past Sawyer Glacier" once, but then it said Hubbard Glacier in the drop down...)

FWIW The Sawyer Glaciers are at the end of Tracy Arm. Hubbard is in Disenchanment Bay (Yakutat Bay).

All of the Princess sailings that I saw, said "(Scenic cruising)" which I interpret to mean that the whole ship goes in. (My assumption is that if the whole ship goes in that there isn't a small ship excursion. Again my Assumption, I could be wrong.)

Long story short, I also looked at HAL & they are offering the small boat excursion on the May 20 Nieuw Amsterdam cruise, so it can be booked now for late May.

All of the Princess sailings that I saw, said "(Scenic cruising)" which I interpret to mean that the whole ship goes in. (My assumption is that if the whole ship goes in that there isn't a small ship excursion. Again my Assumption, I could be wrong.)

This is not always true. Check with the specific cruise line for excursions.

](My assumption is that if the whole ship goes in that there isn't a small ship excursion. Again my Assumption, I could be wrong.)[/i]

Yes you are wrong. Only HAL has the "service stop" for Tracy Arm with the cruise ship not sailing it. ALL the other cruiselines sail Tracy Arm- AND most offer the add on ship excursion.

I recall reading other threads indicating that this excursion is typically only run during a portion of the season. Early in the season, the Arm is likely to be choked with ice. (I don't remember why they said that they don't run the excursion late in the season.)

Tracy Arm add on excursions are offered for most of the sailings. The very first and last may not have them. BUT- it does NOT mean you will go to Tracy Arm. As what happened all the season, Endicott Arm was sailed due to timing.

Interesting- I DID sail Tracy Arm the 3rd week of May this year, but only getting to the North Sawyer glacier. I'd never seen such packed is in over 20 trips in.

Would really like to do this excursion.

We are currently booked on NCL Pearl on the May 21 sailing...hoping that there was an excursion from Juneau but I'm not seeing it. Does NCL ever offer it?

I even went to the Princess site...and looked at their May 20th Ruby sailing and they don't seem to offer it either.

Are these only offered in certain times of the season and perhaps not for RT out of Seattle?

It is not ideal to consider Tracy Arm with your short port time. In the past there was a fast trip offered, that took up most of the port time. Allen Marine is the vendor. perhaps contact them direct and see what they say?