Boarding time for Solstice 8 PM sailing out of Auckland

rayison

We are sailing on the Solstice in January. Departure from Auckland is scheduled for 8 PM. What time does boarding typically start for a later departure like this? Our other cruises have usually started around 4 or 5 PM. Thank you for your help.

Ray

Not sure what cruises you've been on that have embarkation at 4 or 5 PM. We've been on 70 cruises with departures as early as 4 and as late as midnight and never had anything like that.

Generally, unless there is an issue (e.g. noro or customs) embarkation will be at the normal time, somewhere around noon or 1, often earlier, even with an evening departure.

Not sure what cruises you've been on that have embarkation at 4 or 5 PM. We've been on 70 cruises with departures as early as 4 and as late as midnight and never had anything like that.

Generally, unless there is an issue (e.g. noro or customs) embarkation will be at the normal time, somewhere around noon or 1, often earlier, even with an evening departure.

Sorry. I mis-typed. The 4 or 5 PM was sailing time, not embarkation. Thanks for letting me know it would most likely be a normal boarding time. Keep on cruising!

Check the arrival time in Auckland for the preceding cruise. If is normally around 8.00 am then the ship will in reality arrive around 6.30 or 7.00am. This means that embarkation will begin as normal around 11.00 am. One can drop ones bags off anytime after approx. 8.00 am but safer to say 9.00 am. [B]It should be noted that tipping the porters for collecting your bags is not required.[/b] It is a culture we do not encourage in NZ. These guys are getting paid approx. $19 per hour which is above the wage minimum for NZ. What you might be asked is do you have alcohol in your checked baggage. You may be asked to transfer it to your hand luggage for screening purposes. I have generally ignored this request by saying no alcohol and my bags have arrived at my cabin on time. It is a hassle trying to unpack bags at the port and then repack others

Check the arrival time in Auckland for the preceding cruise. If is normally around 8.00 am then the ship will in reality arrive around 6.30 or 7.00am. This means that embarkation will begin as normal around 11.00 am. One can drop ones bags off anytime after approx. 8.00 am but safer to say 9.00 am. [B]It should be noted that tipping the porters for collecting your bags is not required.[/b] It is a culture we do not encourage in NZ. These guys are getting paid approx. $19 per hour which is above the wage minimum for NZ. What you might be asked is do you have alcohol in your checked baggage. You may be asked to transfer it to your hand luggage for screening purposes. I have generally ignored this request by saying no alcohol and my bags have arrived at my cabin on time. It is a hassle trying to unpack bags at the port and then repack others

sorry new question what Auckland dock does Solstice dock in princess or queens wharf thank you Aussie