C&A Balcony discount on board

DandDM

I'm sure this has been answered before, and bet the answer is "no", but still asking. . .

After our upcoming b2b we will be diamond. Currently looking at another cruise the following December. Appears that if I book on board, I would be eligible for additional OBC, but if I booked on the cruise that would make us diamond, any chance we could also get the diamond balcony discount?

Thanks,

It's possible, speak to the cruise sales person. If they cannot give you the Diamond balcony discount right off the bat, perhaps they can put a note in your record not to re-price your booking when your Diamond status shows up in the system a week or so after the cruise.

Couldn't you book the reservation onboard, with the Next Cruise benefit and any additional benefit that you're entitled to for Emerald and then call once home to update the reservation to the diamond balcony additional discount?

Yes, but they would normally re-price the cruise if you do this. If the price has not gone up, and the same perks are available, then this would work. However, if the price has gone up, or promos are different, this might result in a higher total cost.

I was able to do this on the transatlantic Harmony cruise. We turned Diamond on that cruise, and they were able to get me the Diamond discount for the cruise I booked on board. They just had to send an e-mail to have the adjustment done manually, and I had an updated invoice sent to me showing the updated discount.