Wine Package [emoji485]

Cruzin2paradise09

Can someone explain exactly how the wine package works please. Do 'they' hold all the wine for you? Do you get all the bottles at once? Do you get one bottle or one glass at a time? I know there are three packages to choose from, but which is the best? Contemplating getting this for my next cruise but want to be completely educated first. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can someone explain exactly how the wine package works please. Do 'they' hold all the wine for you? Do you get all the bottles at once? Do you get one bottle or one glass at a time? I know there are three packages to choose from, but which is the best? Contemplating getting this for my next cruise but want to be completely educated first. Thank you!

You chose which package you like; the three tiers are based upon "quality" of the wine, so go with what you like and are willing to pay as the prices are greatly inflated from land. So what is "best" is going to be subjective to you.

You order one bottle at a time; can be in the MDR or at a bar. We have always done the MDR and simply select the one from our package options and it is brought to the table and served. If you only have a glass, and would like to store the remainder for dinner the next night, they will keep it for you; particularly helpful if you drink white as they do refrigerate it. I believe that you may also take the bottle with you, however, as we have always finished it, I cannot confirm.

Just an additional explanation- you get a little packet of coupons, ours was delivered to our cabin before dinner the first evening since we purchased it upon arriving on board, however you can also purchase in the MDR. Each coupon has a list of the wines available in the package you chose. In the MDR, specialty restaurants or any bar, you present one of the coupons and can check the one you pick or simply tell your server. It will be delivered and as the other poster said, you can drink one glass or all of the bottle. We drink the entire bottle at dinner. If you do not finish it, they store the bottle and it can be retrieved for your next meal.

We've also asked our server for a second bottle to take to our cabin. No problem.

Thank you for the link. I seem to remember the prices were higher, so those prices were ok. It still didn't answer my question if you can buy the package more then once. Say I buy the 3 bottle package, can I get all 3 at the same time and have one at dinner and have the other two in my room, and then do it again the second night?

Thank you for the link. I seem to remember the prices were higher, so those prices were ok. It still didn't answer my question if you can buy the package more then once. Say I buy the 3 bottle package, can I get all 3 at the same time and have one at dinner and have the other two in my room, and then do it again the second night?

I haven't a clue! Still hoping to get my second question answered. [emoji16]

We always go to the steakhouse the first night. You can purchase wines at half price. On our last cruse our group purchased 6 bottles per couple. We had it brought to the MDR every evening. Some also took bottles to the room.

Cost was about $120 for 6 bottles

Just went through all the FAQ's and can't see anything about purchasing several bottles of wine at the steakhouse for 1/2 price, or about buying more then 1 wine package and taking the bottles back to the room. If anyone is leaving soon or on a cruise now and can ask this question, I would appreciate it.

I haven't a clue! Still hoping to get my second question answered. [emoji16]

is your second question which is best? Obviously they think the more expensive wines are better, but not always in real life

So if I get the 5 bottle package, do I only get the wines listed or can I get 5 bottles of the one I like best? Also, on a b2b, say I don't finish all 5 bottles, will they allow me to carry them over to the 2nd leg?

This was my 2nd question....

So if I get the 5 bottle package, do I only get the wines listed or can I get 5 bottles of the one I like best? Yes. Also, on a b2b, say I don't finish all 5 bottles, will they allow me to carry them over to the 2nd leg? No, but you can get what's left of your 5 bottles and take them to your cabin for use on your second leg.

We were just on a 5 day 4 day B2B. They did not have the 5 bottle package available -- only the 3 bottle package. We bought two 3 bottle packages for the 5 day and one 3 bottle package for the second leg -- so we had 9 bottles for our 9 days. :D

So if I get the 5 bottle package, do I only get the wines listed or can I get 5 bottles of the one I like best? Also, on a b2b, say I don't finish all 5 bottles, will they allow me to carry them over to the 2nd leg?

Usually the coupons have a date that coincides with the end of the cruise. I think if you asked, your waitstaff would help you with getting any extra bottles so you could bring them to dinner during week two. We just did a B2B and ended up with none to carry over, but we had the same servers in ATD and I believe they would have taken care of it.

With the two five bottle packages and the four bottles we brought on board we ended up buying just one additional bottle in the MDR.

Just a hmmm question - I wonder why they don't allow you to prepurchase wine packages in the fun shops and have them in your room for you like they do with other bottles. Any ideas?

You don't actually get the wine, just the coupons, that you redeem for wine at your convenience. Not sure why they don't offer it as a prepurchase, but it is very easy to purchase this once you are on board.

You don't actually get the wine, just the coupons, that you redeem for wine at your convenience. Not sure why they don't offer it as a prepurchase, but it is very easy to purchase this once you are on board.

Thank you. So when you purchase the packages in the MDR (and can you purchase them any where else) you get coupons to redeem. So are you saying if I purchased 2 packages I would get 6 coupons. Could I redeem them at any of the bars for a bottle to take take to my room whenever I would like to do so? Sorry for all the questions, but this does seem like a MUCH better option for me then Cheers, especially with a lido balcony room.

Edited by FloridaMommyof3

Thank you. So when you purchase the packages in the MDR (and can you purchase them any where else) you get coupons to redeem. So are you saying if I purchased 2 packages I would get 6 coupons. Could I redeem them at any of the bars for a bottle to take take to my room whenever I would like to do so? Sorry for all the questions, but this does seem like a MUCH better option for me then Cheers, especially with a lido balcony room.

Yes, if you purchased the 3-bottle package, you'd get two sets of three coupons (sort of a perforated tear-off thing)

We did just that when we wanted a bottle for our cabin - stopped at the atrium bar and the bartender took care of it.

On the first day of the cruise there will be a table set up to promote the wine sales either in the lobby or out by the pool. It's not hard to notice as there's a display of the wines stacked on the table. We've purchased then and in the MDR.