How Far In Advance is the Fare "Sweet-Spot"?

LastUsernameEver

First let me say that I understand that none of these things are set in stone, and patterns can change. But I've been looking at possibly booking a 4 day cruise from Los Angeles departing Jan 19th, 2017.

Since I'm after Final Payment (obviously), I was curious if anyone has noticed how far prior to departure are the Drop & Go specials...the, ummmm...MOST special?

I seem to recall Tuesdays being the day fares seemed to change (back when I would sail more frequently), but that also may have changed.

Any insight anyone may have would be welcomed. :)

And, I have searched this, but haven't been able to find any helpful info.

As you already understand, things can change and special pricing comes out when a number of available cabins are still in the inventory. There's not a way of telling when that will happen although January does seem to have a glut of open cabins in my experience.

Anytime after final payment date could be good for getting those drop and go prices. I've seen them released on Saturday morning, Wednesday night, Friday afternoons .... so in other words, it could happen at any day at any time but if there are a lot of unsold cabins after final payment, they start to drop pricing. And ... if they are selling pretty quickly, pricing goes back up rather quickly as well.

Thanks CruiseRaider. I may be going solo this time, so...since I'll be paying double I'm trying to be pretty frugal. ;-)

That one is actually not a bad price right now although it doesn't look as though they are offering a single supplement deal on that sailing.

The 'sweet spot' (and whether there is one at all) depends entirely on the number of rooms sold. Fares can go down or up at any time; sometimes, more than one in a day.

Princess rarely offers single supplement deals.