5 senses

nodandade

Are you talking about the Chef's Table? If so, we did it on Thanksgiving day this year on Equinox. I think it was $159 each or something like that. It included the big heavy cocktail book with recipes, etc. The title of the book is Excite the Senses.

It was lovely. There were 4 couples and one of the ship's officers. We met in Gastropub and then went to Michael's Club and had champagne (some expensive stuff!) and went on a tour of the galleys during the dinner service. It was amazing seeing them all rush around. We went into the big wine tower in the main dining room.

Then we began 5 courses in Murano in the wine room, each course paired with wine. Flowers, photo - it was a wonderful evening. The head chef and his assistant, as well as the chefs from Murano and Tuscan came by and talked with us during the meal. He explained his choices for our courses - all unique items to the dinner, not on any menu. The wine was spectacular. Perfectly paired - by the head sommelier on the ship and brought to us each course. We were really pampered.

Are you talking about the Chef's Table? If so, we did it on Thanksgiving day this year on Equinox. I think it was $159 each or something like that. It included the big heavy cocktail book with recipes, etc. The title of the book is Excite the Senses.

It was lovely. There were 4 couples and one of the ship's officers. We met in Gastropub and then went to Michael's Club and had champagne (some expensive stuff!) and went on a tour of the galleys during the dinner service. It was amazing seeing them all rush around. We went into the big wine tower in the main dining room.

Then we began 5 courses in Murano in the wine room, each course paired with wine. Flowers, photo - it was a wonderful evening. The head chef and his assistant, as well as the chefs from Murano and Tuscan came by and talked with us during the meal. He explained his choices for our courses - all unique items to the dinner, not on any menu. The wine was spectacular. Perfectly paired - by the head sommelier on the ship and brought to us each course. We were really pampered.

I hope Chef's Table will be offered on the Eclipse in 2018. It sounds wonderful. My husband and I did something similar the last time we cruised Crystal, and we loved it. (There was so much wine, I'm surprised we remembered it the next day, but we did, and we'd happily do it again!)

Is Chef's Table booked as one of the food-based excursions?

Many thanks.

Edited by TravelKnitter

We have done the 5 Senses and the Chef's table as well. Enjoyed both but they are different experiences. The 5-Senses is basically a 5 course dinner in Murano with wine pairings for each course. If you do this, don't be hesitant to ask for a different dish than what is offered. Each course gives 2 or 3 choices as I recall. The main course offers didn't appeal to me but they allowed me to substitute another choice that is on their menu no problem and the sommelier made excellent pairings. He was also generous with the pours.

Chef's Table is similar in that there is a multi-course dinner with wine pairings. Some of the choices were taken from Murano menu, others were different but excellent such as Steak Diane, prepared tableside by the executive chef. We started in Cellar Master's which champagne and appetizers with 8 people as well as the Officer who hosted the evening, executive chef and F&B manager. From there, we had a tour of the specialty restaurants gallery and then were seated for the evening in the special private wine room in Murano's. The food was excellent as well as the wine pairings. The only problem was we were stuffed by the end of the evening and definitely "feeling no pain" from the continuously filling of our wine glasses. It, also, included a recipe book signed by the chef.

Both experiences were wonderful, but if I had to choose I would say the Chef's Table was more special. It is more costly as you might imagine.

We have done the 5 Senses and the Chef's table as well. Enjoyed both but they are different experiences. The 5-Senses is basically a 5 course dinner in Murano with wine pairings for each course. If you do this, don't be hesitant to ask for a different dish than what is offered. Each course gives 2 or 3 choices as I recall. The main course offers didn't appeal to me but they allowed me to substitute another choice that is on their menu no problem and the sommelier made excellent pairings. He was also generous with the pours.

Chef's Table is similar in that there is a multi-course dinner with wine pairings. Some of the choices were taken from Murano menu, others were different but excellent such as Steak Diane, prepared tableside by the executive chef. We started in Cellar Master's which champagne and appetizers with 8 people as well as the Officer who hosted the evening, executive chef and F&B manager. From there, we had a tour of the specialty restaurants gallery and then were seated for the evening in the special private wine room in Murano's. The food was excellent as well as the wine pairings. The only problem was we were stuffed by the end of the evening and definitely "feeling no pain" from the continuously filling of our wine glasses. It, also, included a recipe book signed by the chef.

Both experiences were wonderful, but if I had to choose I would say the Chef's Table was more special. It is more costly as you might imagine.[/quote

Lovely!

How do I find out if this will be offered on our cruise on the Eclipse? (It's over a year away, but I'm a planner!) Do we book it before the trip or on the ship?

The 5 senses menu in Murano's is standard in that restaurant.

The Chef's table depends on interest and cannot be booked in advance. Once you board see the maître d for Murano's and let him/her know you are interested. You will be put on a list and contacted if one is arranged. We have also expressed interest with our sommelier or the Cellar Master.