Current Eastern Caribbean Sea Conditions

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

I will be sailing on Friday to Grand Turk, San Juan, St.Maarten and St.Kitts from Fort Lauderdale on Conquest. I have never cruised in December, and I don't know what to expect with the sea conditions. Can anyone who recently got off a cruise ships in the past few days give insight into the conditions? Thank you! :)

Hello,

I will be sailing on Friday to Grand Turk, San Juan, St.Maarten and St.Kitts from Fort Lauderdale on Conquest. I have never cruised in December, and I don't know what to expect with the sea conditions. Can anyone who recently got off a cruise ships in the past few days give insight into the conditions? Thank you! :)

The Dec 10 Glory cruise was bouncy from the moment the ship left the harbor and continued through the stretch of water from HMC to San Juan, and then again on the return San Juan to Grand Turk. Lots of side to side rolling, I was glad 8' and 10' seas do not bother me.

Others voiced their scruples when walking zig zag down the corridors. Hope you have a smoother cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I am currently waiting to debark the Carnival Conquest after an 8 night Eastern Caribbean cruise. We had 7'-9' foot swells en route from Fort Lauderdale to Grand Turk at the end of last week, but the two sea days we had at the end of the cruise had swells no bigger than 5' foot. VERY windy sea days. Nothing too extreme, anyone sailing in this area at the time should have relatively smooth sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Impossible to predict sea conditions as they can - an do - change daily. We just got off Navigator two weeks ago and the conditions were very calm most days. We cruised a few years back in December and hit the roughest seas we've ever experienced in the Caribbean. No way to say.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Impossible to predict sea conditions as they can - an do - change daily. We just got off Navigator two weeks ago and the conditions were very calm most days. We cruised a few years back in December and hit the roughest seas we've ever experienced in the Caribbean. No way to say.

The purpose of the thread wasn't to predict, but more along the lines to discuss. Naturally, you can never predict it, and it's also a subjective topic, as people react to rough seas differently, but the purpose of the thread was simply to discuss the sea conditions ;)

The purpose of the thread wasn't to predict, but more along the lines to discuss. Naturally, you can never predict it, and it's also a subjective topic, as people react to rough seas differently, but the purpose of the thread was simply to discuss the sea conditions ;)

Not sure I understand your comments. You indicate that you have never sailed in December and are wanting insight from passengers cruising in the past few days as to sea conditions. The reason for asking this would seem to be to gain an understanding of what you can expect with your cruise. Recent conditions information is only as good as that time and will have no bearing on the conditions you might encounter as they are ever changing. If you are not interested in trying to assess the conditions you might encounter - which would be a prediction - then why are you asking the question?

My comments addressed your question as originally posted by highlighting our recent experience on Navigator. But I also tempered that information by indicating that we also experienced very rough seas another time. The message being that you could encounter anything at anytime.

I believe I addressed the purpose of the thread correctly by discussing sea conditions. :confused:

Edited by leaveitallbehind