Unlimited wifi

mnolan770

I have the unlimited wifi from the Go Best package. How is wifi onboard? Speed enough for FaceTime back home. We are leaving our one year old with my sister. Would be great to FaceTime with him while gone.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

We are currently on Solstice. Wifi great, works all over the ship and yes, we do face time/video calls regularly. No problem at all, very very clear, a little lag in the time occasionally but overall we very very happy with it. The best wifi we have ever had at sea...

We are currently on Solstice. Wifi great, works all over the ship and yes, we do face time/video calls regularly. No problem at all, very very clear, a little lag in the time occasionally but overall we very very happy with it. The best wifi we have ever had at sea...

Thanks. Enjoy your vacation.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

so unlimited wifi means I can use my cell phone on the ship with no charge?? maybe silly questions...

thanks

If you have the wifi package (as an amenity or purchased), then you can use the wifi capability of your cell phone at no extra charge.

Note that if you purchase the package it costs $264/person for a seven-day cruise or $237/person if purchased pre-cruise. Over $30/day either way. Of course two people in a cabin can share one package as long as only one device at a time is using it.

We are currently on a 12 night cruise. The price onboard is $299 (we are select so received 25% off that) and then if you purchase another package at the same time for a second person it's 50% off (again also less 25%) for select.

So even though still expensive, it was quite a bit cheaper than if I purchased pre cruise. :)

No need to log on and off, cN just stay logged on all day. Sometimes you need to re log in , in the mornings. :)

so unlimited wifi means I can use my cell phone on the ship with no charge?? maybe silly questions...

thanks

If your cell phone and carrier has wifi calling capability you can use that feature instead of cellular on the ship. I have an iPhone 7 with Verizon and it works great for calling and texting (i-messages) and facetime calls. No charges at all except of course for the ship's internet package.