Dinner with Celeb Chef - Britannia

ukgirl31

We have been to a hosted dinner.

It usually starts at 7pm with a glass of champagne and welcome from the chef. At the beginning you all stand around where he cooks and chat away - all very convivial.

He will tell you what he's cooking and how he's doing it. Very interesting for those of us who enjoy cooking.

After about half an hour you all go and sit down at the long table - leaving the top chair free as that's where he will sit. The wines are all included.

He goes to and from the table checking things, but he will sit and eat with you.

There's a screen on the wall behind him that shows what is going on over where they are cooking.

We had a fabulous time, but it does obviously depend on your other guests!

Enjoy, you don't get to eat with a Chef like that, for such a good price, very often.

Edited by Cruise Puss

We did an evening with Oli Smith on Azura and it was great fun. He was really friendly and came round at each course chatting, in his case about the wine but also about general things. Found out he'd lived in Edinburgh and we spent ages talking about his memories. The head chef did the cooking and he explained all about the food. . We'd definitely do it again with another chef.

We haven't done dinner with a celeb but we did James Martin's masterclass on Britannia in September. It was brilliant. He was so nice and very funny. Having seen him on television so much, when we walked into the kitchen we felt that we knew him. I would have loved to have done the dinner with him but it was booked up almost as soon as it was released.

Can I ask if the celeb chef hosted dinner is a set menu and if you know of the menu beforehand in case there's something you can't eat? It sounds like something we'd love to do on our cruise this year but seafood is a problem. Thanks for any advice.

Can I ask if the celeb chef hosted dinner is a set menu and if you know of the menu beforehand in case there's something you can't eat? It sounds like something we'd love to do on our cruise this year but seafood is a problem. Thanks for any advice.

I cannot eat shellfish either.

We checked with The Cookery Club immediately we got on board (we had booked in advance) and made sure they knew about my shellfish intolerance. There wasn't a problem with the menu that time, but I also cannot have coffee or anything with coffee in it and when we went to another dinner, on another cruise, there was Tirimisu as the dessert so they did a different dish for me, so don't worry, as long as you let them know in advance they will do something different. [emoji4]

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.