Early Flight

We will be going on the Allure. Do you think we can make an 11:00 AM flight out of Ft. Lauderdale? I am concerned because of the size of the size of the ship. Thanks

Should not problem if there are no delays. You may want to do self-assist disembarkation to give yourself more leeway.

We won't be able to carry our bags. Do you think it is still doable?

If you can get luggage tags for around 8:30am, I'd still do it.

Another option is Luggage Valet for $25 a person. If you have a flight on a participating airline, you won't need to worry about bags at all.

We won't be able to carry our bags. Do you think it is still doable?

Go to Guest Services and ask for the early luggage tags. Most times, I am off the ship by 10 without asking. As you are probably aware, the airport is very close by.

Do they still charge per bag if you fly First/Business Class?

Make sure your airlines is one that participates in LV. There is a check block on the hard copy for exempt from fees.

You can also do the form on the TV, but it says they can't input the exempt from fees if you do it on the TV. I did it anyway and it did get exempted, but I wouldn't count on it. Don't miss the cut off time to turn in your form as they won't budge even a few minutes.

We just sailed Allure in November and used LV it made life much easier not dealing with luggage. I don't see where a 11:00 AM flight should be a problem especially if you are TSA pre-check or 1st class.

FLL has a special line for each. When we flew two years ago after an Oasis trip the 1st class line was shorter than the TSA pre-check so we went to the 1st class line. We were on the other side in less than five minutes.

You might want to book your own transport from port to FLL. We used ship shuttle in November and missed the bus by two min so were the first two on the next shuttle. We had to wait for it to fill up and 45 min later we left.

I may just use that service as we leave from Miami next time and they have a carousel system to get the bags. Took us over two hours to get our bags last trip from Miami so won't take any chances. Longshoremen in Miami don't want to do any heavy lifting it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I may just use that service as we leave from Miami next time and they have a carousel system to get the bags. Took us over two hours to get our bags last trip from Miami so won't take any chances. Longshoremen in Miami don't want to do any heavy lifting it seems.

Unless I am reading your post wrong, it doesn't work for embarkation only debarkation.

Edited by jamesr3939

Don't care about embarkation, have an 11:50 flight home

OH, now I get it, you're talking about getting you luggage at the port. Only sailed MIA once many years ago.

No matter the circumstances LV is the best. I wish they would expand it, but seems they are condensing it.

Edited by jamesr3939