Carnival or RCI and why

We have always cruised with Carnival (Dream, Legend, and Breeze) but thinking about changing things up a bit for our upcoming trip and trying RC. We are looking at Allure of The Seas or Freedom of the Seas. If you've been on both, what are your thoughts? Things that are important to us:

- great children's program (ages 5&10)

- good food and service

- little motion felt on ship

- fun water features

- plenty of variety with the free restaurants

****can you tell me what restaurants and activities cost extra on Allure of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas?****

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have always cruised with Carnival (Dream, Legend, and Breeze) but thinking about changing things up a bit for our upcoming trip and trying RC. We are looking at Allure of The Seas or Freedom of the Seas. If you've been on both, what are your thoughts? Things that are important to us:

- great children's program (ages 5&10)

- good food and service

- little motion felt on ship

- fun water features

- plenty of variety with the free restaurants

****can you tell me what restaurants and activities cost extra on Allure of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas?****

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Both ships have great things for kids. Royal Caribbean's stuff is more gimmicky, in my opinion. The larger ships obviously have more stuff. Quantum class has bumper cars. Freedom class and Oasis have an ice rink

Food, Royal Caribbean edges out slightly, but not enough in my opinion to be a deciding factor. For fee restaurants depend on the ship, but most have a steak house and an italian restaurant. The newer ships also have something called Wonderland which is a very gimmicky novel restaurant.

Motion on ship is dependent on the weather. Even the giant Oasis class will have motion if the seas are bad.

Water features. Only the newer ships have water slides. Harmony and Liberty I believe are the only ones that have it. However, the Oasis, Freedom and Quantum class also have the flowrider but that can be crowded and again, gimmicky.

Free food options. Carnival wins with Guys, because I love Guys burgers. However, both ships have plenty of other free venues and many of them are pretty good. People swear by the roast beef sandwiches from Park Cafe, though I dont' know what the big deal is myself. Again, food options in general on Royal Caribbean edge out slightly but not significantly in my opinon.

For fee activities? Its pretty much the same as Carnival. Bingo, chef's table, liquor tastings, behind the scenes tour.

I have been on both Carnival and RC and have to say the differences are really between ships and not these two cruise companies IMHO. NCL is included in that statement too in my experience. The 3 companies are so similar.

I do have to say that I LOVED LOVED LOVED the Oasis of the Seas! I'm sure you'll have a great time and your kids will be super busy and happy on Allure.