OH NO! Another Epic Trip Report w/pics

Oakman58

loved your funny report - it was so detailed and gave me a good idea of the Epic - I have a cruise booked for next month and this review was so helpful... thanks for sharing details, funny stories and pictures!!

We have cruised Epic many times in Europe.Your report is witty and enchanting and very accurate.

The only thing I would say is you kept mentioning sold out cruise... The stat for the Epic is that is sold out most cruises so nothing new here. The crew are well aware of the shortcomings and lines but do a great job as they are used to these numbers.

• 1 month later...
Thank you I'm glad you enjoyed it.

At the end of this cruise I swore I wouldn't do another cruise on one of the mega-ships. They were just too big for my liking. And then a cruise on the Epic came up that went to ports I've never been to and on top of that the cruise offered good perks. So what did I do? I booked a future cruise on the Epic. At least I know exactly what to expect this time.

The cruise is in 2020 so I have plenty of time to cancel if a better cruise comes up.

Thank you for the review.

We just booked the Epic for January 5, 2020, so it was great to find your review, I have just started my search of the Epic.

Just wondering if you could tell me about the in room entertainment. A DVD player, radio, in TV movies, not the two channels that play the same movies the whole cruise?

Thank you SandS

Thank you for the review.

We just booked the Epic for January 5, 2020, so it was great to find your review, I have just started my search of the Epic.

Just wondering if you could tell me about the in room entertainment. A DVD player, radio, in TV movies, not the two channels that play the same movies the whole cruise?

Thank you SandS

I wrote this report almost a year and a half ago (2016) and I’ve taken 2 more cruises with NCL since then so I really can’t help you with your questions. I’m afraid I would mix up what was available on which ship.

You might try asking your questions of someone who has been on the Epic more recently.

• 1 year later...

I see this report is over 2 years old but like a fine wine, it has aged well. We are booked on our first NCL cruise, a transatlantic in November 2020 on the Epic. So, I've read about 300 reviews and watched about 100 YouTube videos and you still had things for me to learn. We have an aft-facing cabin so I'm happy to see the "secret stairs" on Deck 14 you showed.  I love reading a review done with grace and humor. 

40 minutes ago, texasgirl29 said:

I see this report is over 2 years old but like a fine wine, it has aged well. We are booked on our first NCL cruise, a transatlantic in November 2020 on the Epic. So, I've read about 300 reviews and watched about 100 YouTube videos and you still had things for me to learn. We have an aft-facing cabin so I'm happy to see the "secret stairs" on Deck 14 you showed.  I love reading a review done with grace and humor. 

Wow, thank you for the very kind words texasgirl29.  I’m glad you enjoyed my report.  I often wondered why those “secret” stairs existed.

image.thumb.png.d07ed657abba7898582913ccd9f8c44c.png

I’m glad you had a chance to read it before the photos disappear.   The photo hosting website I use is going to shutdown sometime this year so I guess the photos in my reports will disappear with it.

54 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

Wow, thank you for the very kind words texasgirl29.  I’m glad you enjoyed my report.  I often wondered why those “secret” stairs existed.

image.thumb.png.d07ed657abba7898582913ccd9f8c44c.png

I’m glad you had a chance to read it before the photos disappear.   The photo hosting website I use is going to shutdown sometime this year so I guess the photos in my reports will disappear with it.

I had several long trip reports like yours and I had to delete them when the photos became empty boxes. I think you can paste or insert them in now instead of using an off-site host.