Kids Camp/Night Owls

kyboymom

it used to be 6.00 per hour per kid but now its a set fee. Last we cruised it was 35.00 per night

and starts at 10pm

the 2 year old will be 2 by the day of sailing right- he can use the camp all day for free

Edited by serene56

We are taking our 10y/o and 2y/o on their first Cruise in May. I was curious how your experience was with the Kid Camps and Night Owls. I understand that the Night Owls is at an hourly rate, do you know what the rate is?

I can't help with the 2 year old, however, the 10 year old should have a blast. Night Owls is $6.75 per child per hour plus a 15% gratuity so $7.76 per hour. Depending on how long your cruise is there will be a few late night parties. On the party night it is a set rate for 1 hour or until close that is $15 per child plus 15% gratuity or $17.25 for the party. These were the rates on our cruise in October.

it used to be 6.00 per hour per kid but now its a set fee. Last we cruised it was 35.00 per night

and starts at 10pm

the 2 year old will be 2 by the day of sailing right- he can use the camp all day for free

Is this a recent change? We cruised in August and the Night Owls fee was as it's always been - $6.75 per hour + gratuity. Night owls starts @ 10:00pm. Your child would have to stay at least 4 hours every night just for that flat fee to make sense. :confused:

I know of a fee for cuddly bear workshop depending on what you choose and the theme parties are usually about $15.00 + gratuity per child.

If your 2 yo is OK with being away from you he should be ok. They give you a phone you keep with you throughout the entire cruise. If there is an issue they will call you and you can them to check on the little one. My 8 to has been cruising since he was 2 and he loves the clubs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

From my experience when they had the old camp carnival they had a few late night parties that were a set fee and the rest of the nights were a hourly fee. Now that they changed the program to camp ocean all the nights are a hourly fee and there is no more late night parties like they use to have its more like a baby sitting service with movies and video games.

Is this a recent change? We cruised in August and the Night Owls fee was as it's always been - $6.75 per hour + gratuity. Night owls starts @ 10:00pm. Your child would have to stay at least 4 hours every night just for that flat fee to make sense. :confused:

I know of a fee for cuddly bear workshop depending on what you choose and the theme parties are usually about $15.00 + gratuity per child.

I don't think the $35 fee is accurate. We've done 10 with my kids, as recently as last week...and I've never seen a set fee that high. As you noted above, it's $6.75/hour, except on nights when there is a party. On those nights, there is a set fee...but it's more like $15/child.

We love, love, love camp carnival. We started cruising with my youngest when she was 17 mos old. Her first 2, she was too young for camp. But since then, she's been all over it!!! My kids are now 13, 12, and 6, and they always have a great time! The only problems we have are when they are reaching the top of an age group...then they get a little antsy to move up...start feeling like the activities are too young for them. But we're in a good spot right now.

Edited by Domergirl

From my experience when they had the old camp carnival they had a few late night parties that were a set fee and the rest of the nights were a hourly fee. Now that they changed the program to camp ocean all the nights are a hourly fee and there is no more late night parties like they use to have its more like a baby sitting service with movies and video games.

Camp Ocean has theme parties. On the Magic in August my daughter attended one on all but the first night when only night owls is open and another night when they didn't have one. She had a glow party one night. Pirate something the next.

I don't think the $35 fee is accurate. We've done 10 with my kids, as recently as last week...and I've never seen a set fee that high. As you noted above, it's $6.75/hour, except on nights when there is a party. On those nights, there is a set fee...but it's more like $15/child.

We love, love, love camp carnival. We started cruising with my youngest when she was 17 mos old. Her first 2, she was too young for camp. But since then, she's been all over it!!! My kids are now 13, 12, and 6, and they always have a great time! The only problems we have are when they are reaching the top of an age group...then they get a little antsy to move up...start feeling like the activities are too young for them. But we're in a good spot right now.

Agreed. My kids love it too!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

the build a bear is not part of the camp although its done in that area.

That fee was last year on the splendor. It was the first time we ever seen a flat fee for the night owl parties

I think it was for the 10-1 am pj party and counselors walked the kids back to the cabin- the fee included gratit=y

the build a bear is not part of the camp although its done in that area.

That fee was last year on the splendor. It was the first time we ever seen a flat fee for the night owl parties

I think it was for the 10-1 am pj party and counselors walked the kids back to the cabin- the fee included gratit=y

You said the fee used to be $6.00 but now it's a flat fee of $35. None of that is correct. Night owls is $6.75 per hour plus gratuity - making it $7.76 per hour. Theme parties are just that - parties where they charge a flat fee. I separated the difference.

Build a bear is always listed as part of the camp schedules even though anyone on the ship can participate. For the purposes of helping the OP figure out costs involving activities kids may want to do in Camp, I included build a bear.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The camp until 10 pm is free unless you are participating in a fee based special family activity during the day.

After 10 pm - 1 am there is a $6.75/hr + 15% gratuity for Night Owls

There are a couple of nighttime organized parties that have a charge of $15/child aside from the Night Owls babysitting service (I do not know if it replaces the regular night owls or in addition, not sure)

The Build-A-Bear Workshop is $25/child, and I want to say it is during the day or early evening.

From what I understand, under 2 is considered a charge for daytime services.

Here is a copy/paste from Carnival website:

Under 2 Infant Care

On Port Days, care for infants begins from 15 minutes before the first tour until 12:00 noon (or from 1:00pm until 5:00pm for ships arriving in port after noon time). Port Days are for drop off only. Fees Apply: $6.75 per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child.

On Sea Days, Under 2 time is scheduled from 8:00am-10:00am. During this time, parents have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff. Fees Apply: $6.75 per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child for this service or they can stay and use the camp facilities at no charge. Please note that this time is designated for the use of Under 2's and their parents only.

Each evening, Night Owls is available from 10:00pm-1:00am. Fees Apply: $6.75 per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child. During this time, there will be children from other age groups (2-11 years) participating in Night Owls.

My daughter went on her first cruise at 2 years old and we were blown away at how great the experience was. With her only being 2, I expected that she would go for just short amounts of time to get some interaction with other kids. The first night we dropped her off for a couple of hours and then went back to pick her up. We had her for about 15 minutes before she started whining and asking when she could go back. So needless to say she used the service a lot. We did not use Night Owls because she wasn't used to staying up late, but now that she is 4 we are about to go on another cruise and we will be trying Night Owls as well. Question for you all that have used Night Owls especially with the little ones...were they ever asleep when you pick them up or is that pretty impossible in there?

My daughter went on her first cruise at 2 years old and we were blown away at how great the experience was. With her only being 2, I expected that she would go for just short amounts of time to get some interaction with other kids. The first night we dropped her off for a couple of hours and then went back to pick her up. We had her for about 15 minutes before she started whining and asking when she could go back. So needless to say she used the service a lot. We did not use Night Owls because she wasn't used to staying up late, but now that she is 4 we are about to go on another cruise and we will be trying Night Owls as well. Question for you all that have used Night Owls especially with the little ones...were they ever asleep when you pick them up or is that pretty impossible in there?

When my daughter was younger, that was often the case. We'd pick up, and there would be a little group of young ones laying with blankets and pillows on the floor, watching a movie. Some would be asleep, some not. The later it was, more asleep. Once we had checked her out, they'd let us walk over and scoop her up, and we'd carry her back to the room. :)

• Like 1

When my daughter was younger, that was often the case. We'd pick up, and there would be a little group of young ones laying with blankets and pillows on the floor, watching a movie. Some would be asleep, some not. The later it was, more asleep. Once we had checked her out, they'd let us walk over and scoop her up, and we'd carry her back to the room. :)

Awesome, that is what I was hoping to hear. :) Thank you!

We just got back last week. My 10 year old LOVED the kids club!! (my teens- not so much).

After 10pm- it was $6.75 per hour. We did not use the night owls. Next time, we will plan too.... He would've really liked to have stayed longer....

During the day- they had build a bear which cost extra $$ also. My son was zero interested in that. They also had a raise money for St. Jude party which cost extra money as well.

On sea days the club opened at 10am. On port days- 8am. Each day they were closed for a an hour or two here or there for various pay activities or to just take a break (I guess). Otherwise, the kids have all day to participate with no additional costs until after 10pm.

We took our son on his first cruise at age 2, we were more nervous about camp than he was! He loved Camp Carnival. We then took him on his next cruise this year at age 4 and it was the total opposite. In our case I think the main difference ,besides age, was the staff. The Camp staff on Carnival Victory blew us out of the water and really took a personal interest in our child, so much so that he cried when we left the ship. The staff on the Carnival Triumph could care less and paid very little attention to the children. It felt like I was dropping off laundry instead of my child. Either way make sure to do the meet and greet on embarkation day to get a feel for the counselors! It really clues you in on what to expect!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ahh thats the difference.

camp carnival and the ocean camp stuff.

(the last time was on Splendor.)

very different from the cruise before that-- which was glory

• 3 months later...

My kids took a nap after lunch and so they were able to stay up later for the parties.

Some nights they will have themed parties where it will be listed as 10pm-1am for a set price, but it's not $35 per kid (that price sounds like for more than 1 child). It's around $18 plus 15% gratuity for 3 hour party (which ends up being a discount from the regular $6.75/hour).

My kids loved it!

Some nights they will have themed parties where it will be listed as 10pm-1am for a set price, but it's not $35 per kid (that price sounds like for more than 1 child). It's around $18 plus 15% gratuity for 3 hour party (which ends up being a discount from the regular $6.75/hour).

My kids loved it!

Thank you, but if you followed the thread, I'm not the one that was confused. This was cleared up back in December when originally posted.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk