Group rates vs early saver rates

WhoDatNation

Hello all. Can someone tell me if you get an actual discount for booking as a group or is it about the same as booking early saver? What are the pro and cons between the 2 as this is my first time putting together a group for a cruise as I always book early saver when I need a cabin or two. Thanks in advance for the replies and info that will be provided.

Our group prices have always been between Past Guest and ES.

ES has many restrictions that some do not like. Your TA or Carnival's group department can see if the ES fare is eligible for a group booking.

We've been able to change our fare categories if the fare goes down within a group booking. Standard restrictions do apply (final payment etc)

Personally, I wouldn't book ES for a group booking.

I have booked a cruise for a group of friends and I. We all booked under ES and one under military rate. Then you get OBC as the " leader" of the group for every 8 cabins booked. Once on board you can use your credit or share it equally amongst your friends.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I did our group cruise, you have to book 8 cabins to start. You can book at whatever the best rate is at the time of booking. Whatever the promotion is, like 50% off deposit, applies at time of booking. We booked 8 cabins to start, all singles. Then we added the second person when we got much closer to cruise time. When we added additional cabins, they were booked at the current price and deal the day the additional cabins were booked.

The advantage to a group is that you get points. We were able to give each cabin a $25 obc and we got a free cocktail party. The group rebate is sent to the coordinator and is about 6-8 weeks AFTER the cruise.

If you cancel, the same rules apply as regular bookings. If you are early saver, you get whatever deposit you put down towards a future cruise.

hope this helps

When I did our group cruise, you have to book 8 cabins to start. You can book at whatever the best rate is at the time of booking. Whatever the promotion is, like 50% off deposit, applies at time of booking. We booked 8 cabins to start, all singles. Then we added the second person when we got much closer to cruise time. When we added additional cabins, they were booked at the current price and deal the day the additional cabins were booked.

The advantage to a group is that you get points. We were able to give each cabin a $25 obc and we got a free cocktail party. The group rebate is sent to the coordinator and is about 6-8 weeks AFTER the cruise.

If you cancel, the same rules apply as regular bookings. If you are early saver, you get whatever deposit you put down towards a future cruise.

hope this helps

They don't charge you $50pp for canceling ES on a group rate?

Bill