Pacific Sun - Arrival / Embarkation time

Whoey

Hi, I was wondering how fast the embarkation process was and if anyone had any tips / suggestions as to the best time to arrive for a smooth process? With young kids we dont really want to be standing in a long line for hours on end...?

Is it worth getting to Wharf 8 an hour or so before embarkation begins to be early in the queue? Maybe dropping bags off earlier might speed up the process?

Iamajulie said she got there at 3 and was sipping a cocktail on board at 3:30 - wow, thats fast... !

We arrived from Brisbane on the morning of the cruise and were dropped at Darling Harbour at about 9am. We dropped our baggage off at the luggage hall, and then went off for brunch at Darling Harbour with family.

We got back to Darling Harbour about 12.30, about 1/2 hr after checkin had commenced, and got through the process quite quickly, and were on board in our cabins by just after 1pm.

The checkin process is actually quite quick - check documentation, immigration check, collect your cruise card & room key, have your id photo encoded on cruise card, go through security check, have your embarkation photo taken.... walk onto the ship.

Kym

Hi, I was wondering how fast the embarkation process was and if anyone had any tips / suggestions as to the best time to arrive for a smooth process? With young kids we dont really want to be standing in a long line for hours on end...?

Is it worth getting to Wharf 8 an hour or so before embarkation begins to be early in the queue? Maybe dropping bags off earlier might speed up the process?

Iamajulie said she got there at 3 and was sipping a cocktail on board at 3:30 - wow, thats fast... !

I know that visitors can't get on the ship any more, but how far can they go at Wharf 8? We seem to have a farewell party now, and it's growing for some unkown reason, and they want to see us off.

They can go to the passenger terminal. There is also a nice pub accross the road. The terminal itself is basically just a hall with a small cafe/coffee shop and the line for check in. Security and doc cheks are done in a smaller hall once you go through the big hall. (does that make sense???)

So basically they can go in the big hall but not into the small hall.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Wish I could join you in Jan! Suppose I'll have to wail till April. And yes, I'll probably have a drink permanently attatched to my hand. I'm a wine drinker but also enjoy a Barcadi and an occassional beer and I can't wait to go through the cocktail list. I think I'll spread that over the 11 days this time though. When I cruised in '86 I did most of it in one day.

Karen

Oh yes, it's fun! But I'm not as young as I used to be and I'm certainly not as young as you so I might (I did say MIGHT) have to take it a little easier this time. And last time I was single, this time I'll be with my husband who already tells me I drink too much.

Karen

Whoey,

I was looking at some chat software the other night that a couple of other forums i know use. Problem is getting it hosted. It would be good if cruisecritic hosted it. Otherwise we would need to set up our own site and then run the chat software....

I thought about it and then decided it was just easier to not do it and just clutter up the message board instead :-)

Dan

I know that visitors can't get on the ship any more, but how far can they go at Wharf 8? We seem to have a farewell party now, and it's growing for some unkown reason, and they want to see us off.

We have had people "see us off" on a cruise from wharf 8.

We arranged it like this.......

We arrived at boarding time ,I think 1 pm and boarded,

once on board you can not get off again....

but we then had time to explore and "sort" the ship out.

Our friends then arrived just before sailaway and we stood on the Promenade deck and were able to wave and shout to them.

The ship slips away fairly quickly,so you still have time to make your way to the upper decks to watch the sail out of Sydney Harbour.

hiya all. looks like the party started without me, couldnt you have waitied!!

ANYWAY back to the OP question. we also had a very quick embarkation time.

Whne we were getting off around 10am (i think) there was already a line up for that days 5pm departure.

So i guess the thing is dont gte there too early.

ok guys back to the party...

how ould you know about mudslides for brekky dan... iwas the one having them while yo uwere sippin water!!

Well if we are going to start telling stories!!!!

Who was the one in legends sitting on the couch sippin water rocking back and forth crying, while I was dancing!!

Dan

Archived