Current info on the Gastropub

shovelrae1959

Can anyone give me current info on the Gastropub? A current beer menu would be sweet! Just looking for a microbrew/craft beer haven for my husband on our Caribbean cruise on the Equinox next November. Any info would be very helpful!

thanks,

Cheryl (shovelae1959)

Can anyone give me current info on the Gastropub? A current beer menu would be sweet! Just looking for a microbrew/craft beer haven for my husband on our Caribbean cruise on the Equinox next November. Any info would be very helpful!

thanks,

Cheryl (shovelae1959)

The beer selection is always subject to change. Keep in mind that all the beer at the Gastropub is in bottles/cans as Celebrity seldom has much on tap (they do sometimes have Heinekin). As a fellow microbrew guy I do not even bother with the Gastropub since my preference is stuff on draught.

With all the changes (which are generally cut-backs) on Celebrity...a beer menu today might be totally different then next November. In fact, they may or may not even have the Gastropub next November. And it is far from being a real pub in terms of atmosphere. Its simply a bar on the lower atrium.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

On the Eclipse mid-December the Gastropub was part of the Passport bar on deck 3 from 3:00 to 7:00 pm. There were never any menus for pub food but there was a fridge full of beers and my guess is you can get them outside the pub hours.

Other than the one ship that has the pub, I wouldn't be counting on it.

The beer selection is always subject to change. Keep in mind that all the beer at the Gastropub is in bottles/cans as Celebrity seldom has much on tap (they do sometimes have Heinekin). As a fellow microbrew guy I do not even bother with the Gastropub since my preference is stuff on draught.

With all the changes (which are generally cut-backs) on Celebrity...a beer menu today might be totally different then next November. In fact, they may or may not even have the Gastropub next November. And it is far from being a real pub in terms of atmosphere. Its simply a bar on the lower atrium.

Hank

Wow! that's not a cheery outlook! We just went through the Panama Canal in November and there was very little in the realm of craft/microbrew on the Infinity either. Hubby made do with Corona Light and some Lagunitas that they had at Cellar Masters. When I read about the Gastropub I was pretty excited for him, to maybe actually get a fair selection of craft beers with hopefully some IPA's. Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next year anyway. Thanks.

Cheryl (shovelrae1959)

Wow! that's not a cheery outlook! We just went through the Panama Canal in November and there was very little in the realm of craft/microbrew on the Infinity either. Hubby made do with Corona Light and some Lagunitas that they had at Cellar Masters. When I read about the Gastropub I was pretty excited for him, to maybe actually get a fair selection of craft beers with hopefully some IPA's. Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next year anyway. Thanks.

Cheryl (shovelrae1959)

We hear ya. When Celebrity first announced the Gastropub concept we were really looking forward to our upcoming X cruise where it had been implemented. Once on the ship we realized that they had simply moved the beer bottles/cans from Michael's (which used to have lots of beers) to the Passport Bar...since Michael's was then (and now) closed all but the suite passengers. I can walk into a local bar where they have more then 50 beers on draught...including some amazing Microbrews and especially IPAs (my beer passion). But alas, it is not to be on Celebrity or any of the other lines upon which we cruise.

Hank

I concur with Hank that the Gastopub is not really a Pub and we have never tried the food, but we have never been on the Equinox.

On the other hand IMO the beers available in the Passport/Gastropub on the Eclipse are very good and add to my overall experience. I usually pay the difference to try some of the beers on list. I am biased because I do not usually drink draft beers except of the rare occasional where they serve "cast".

I do get some of my S Class ships confused, but I do not believe the expanded beer menu/cooler was ever available in the Eclipse's Michael's Club. They were on the Silhouette and Reflection I believe. By the way except the one cruise were the "special" piano player used the Michael's club it was almost always empty. I know because it was my favorite bar.

Since it has become a suite/Zenith only venue it has been much busier and better utilized. It jus might have something to do with the free drinks, but I use it even when I have a drink package.

thanks,

Cheryl (shovelae1959)

We sailed the Equinox in 2014 just after the GastroBar was added, it was great!

So much so we sailed her again in 2015 and are booked for 2017.

It has replaced the Sunset as our go to for a drink bar.

Yea the 30-40 brew selection is a tad so-so and pricey. 2-4 taps but not one I would consider craft. No North East IPA's, Trillium, South East Jai from Cigar City, or West Coast style. Dog Fish 60 n 90 are are on the list, and are good. A couple from Rogue.

They have a beer n food paring 2 times and both sell out.

Nothing from Firestone Walker, Goose Island, Prairie, Russian River, the big boys of Craft.

I still find it an enjoyable experience.

EW

jag, just bellied up the $60 for my first GI BCBS Rare! We stand in line for hours in Dallas to try and get the lucky ticket to buy one. Yet you guys get it at Target!

Edited by wallie5446

We sailed the Equinox in 2014 just after the GastroBar was added, it was great!

So much so we sailed her again in 2015 and are booked for 2017.

It has replaced the Sunset as our go to for a drink bar.

Yea the 30-40 brew selection is a tad so-so and pricey. 2-4 taps but not one I would consider craft. No North East IPA's, Trillium, South East Jai from Cigar City, or West Coast style. Dog Fish 60 n 90 are are on the list, and are good. A couple from Rogue.

They have a beer n food paring 2 times and both sell out.

Nothing from Firestone Walker, Goose Island, Prairie, Russian River, the big boys of Craft.

I still find it an enjoyable experience.

EW

jag, just bellied up the $60 for my first GI BCBS Rare! We stand in line for hours in Dallas to try and get the lucky ticket to buy one. Yet you guys get it at Target!

I will have to try it. My son-in-law go to some brewery in downtown Milwaukee on The Friday after Thanksgiving every year and stand in line for hours to purchase their special release. They always run out of it.

Our first experience with Gastropub was on the Equinox last year and we loved it! Food was really good and hubby loved the beer selection.

We expected a similar experience on the Eclipse this year...and were disappointed. It is not its own venue, and we had similar experience to previous poster re not being able to order food despite trying several times.

We are returning to Equinox in April 2017 and are hoping the Gastropub is as we remember it.

We are returning to Equinox in April 2017 and are hoping the Gastropub is as we remember it.

We have friends that we sailed on the Equinox with in '14 and '15 and are booked with us again in '17 that just got off Equinox and reported that the GastroBar is alive and kickin as it was last yr!

Now they did spend a good amount of time across the way at the Martini Bar! Even got to pour his own 4 glass flight!

The Equinox Rocks!