What rental shuttle to my best option for Port Everglades, airport or cruise terminal

mickeyhereicome

I have two minivan rentals booked. First one is roundtrip to FLL with Alamo for $51 and the other is a one way rental with Budget pick up at FLL and return 1515 Se 17th St Causeway for $63.

Which would be less busy? The plan would be to drop off 5 people and all the luggage and then my husband would return the rental to either FLL or 17th St. Both locations provide a shuttle. Airport is 3.4 miles from terminal and 8 mins, 17th St is 1.3 miles and 6 mins. Of course I realize traffic, ect.

I believe I read that FLL shuttle is constantly leaving, with multiple shuttles going in both directions. I am not sure about the Budget location on 17th St. Also, knowing that a taxi between FLL and terminal is $10 or so, my husband could just take a taxi if the shuttle looks like it is going to be awhile.

Which is the better choice?

I have two minivan rentals booked. First one is roundtrip to FLL with Alamo for $51 and the other is a one way rental with Budget pick up at FLL and return 1515 Se 17th St Causeway for $63.

Which would be less busy? The plan would be to drop off 5 people and all the luggage and then my husband would return the rental to either FLL or 17th St. Both locations provide a shuttle. Airport is 3.4 miles from terminal and 8 mins, 17th St is 1.3 miles and 6 mins. Of course I realize traffic, ect.

I believe I read that FLL shuttle is constantly leaving, with multiple shuttles going in both directions. I am not sure about the Budget location on 17th St. Also, knowing that a taxi between FLL and terminal is $10 or so, my husband could just take a taxi if the shuttle looks like it is going to be awhile.

Which is the better choice?

Distance to the port depends on which terminal you're going to. Budget is closer to Terminal 2 (Princess) which is an easy walk.

The airport would be just about as close to Terminals 18 (RCCL)-26 as Budget. The Alamo shuttle is shared with National and Enterprise (which owns the other two companies) so it's a crap shoot which shuttle would get you there faster, again depending on which Terminal. Regardless, the time difference is insignificant.

I would go the cheaper route with Alamo. The shuttles can fill up and it is luck if the draw which one would be faster. Some people decide not to drop their luggage off first so there have been times when we have waited at the budget 17th street location for a shuttle to return. But we are ok waiting. But sometimes it can take an hour during busy season .