Another awesome cruise on Liberty, except . . .

pgaedke

I am amazed by all the folks going to an Italian restaurant and complaining about the steak...why order the Steak?

Because steak or shrimp are about the only things I like anywhere? I don't care what the theme is, I am not an adventurous eater. At Izumi I have tempura shrimp and ramen. At Chops I have steak. At Sabor, I am not quite sure what I will eat. But we are going with friends, so I guess I will have to try and find something.

Edited by Coralc

Thanks for all the great responses.

As Someone posted, the Lamb Chops are gone.

Osso Buco - Stil there, really good.

Tuna - Still there.

Risotto - Still there.

Regarding steak in an Itallian joint - The fillet was great, much better than Chops. And then there is this:

Florence steak is a thick portion of tender beef the most famous main course on the Tuscan menu.

The beef comes from a steer or heifer, types of cattle that are young enough to provide extremely tender meat.

So what's so special about a steak?

Well, when it comes to food, Italians don't do anything 'so-so'.

Including Steak!

Well, I was always advised not to order fish in a steak house and not to order steak in a fish house. Just saying. When in Rome....

In many opinion, mine included, the steak at Giovanni's was as good or better than steaks at Chops.

Well, I was always advised not to order fish in a steak house and not to order steak in a fish house. Just saying. When in Rome....

I don't get what the issue is. Certain people don't eat certain types of food. If your party is going to a restaurant who's primary dishes are of the type they don't eat, why would they order them. Sometimes it's the company you are with or options available that make the determination of where you go.

If you wouldn't do it, great, but why force your way of thinking on everyone else?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I am amazed by all the folks going to an Italian restaurant and complaining about the steak...why order the Steak?

I'm always amazed at comments like that. I like to dine with friends and it some cases where they want Seafood (I don't eat Seafood) I will find something on the menu I like. If a restaurant is a good restaurant I expect what I order to be good.