Port Canaveral restaurant question -

joyful34

Pre-Cruise afternoon & evening in Port Canaveral - I have searched back through the threads posted here and I see there are several options for dinner with a water view.

Fishlips, Grills, Rusty's Oyster bar, etc. We would love to be able to sit and watch the cruise ships leave while enjoying a drink and dinner. Most of the restaurants have a deck but when I looked through their websites I didn't see any mention of the view of the ships.

Can anyone offer some insight? Thanks in advance.

Pre-Cruise afternoon & evening in Port Canaveral - I have searched back through the threads posted here and I see there are several options for dinner with a water view.

Fishlips, Grills, Rusty's Oyster bar, etc. We would love to be able to sit and watch the cruise ships leave while enjoying a drink and dinner. Most of the restaurants have a deck but when I looked through their websites I didn't see any mention of the view of the ships.

Can anyone offer some insight? Thanks in advance.

They all have a view of the ships although Grills and Fishlips have the best in my opinion. Millikins also has a view but they are closest to where most ships dock on the western end so you don't see the whole sailaway like you would at Fishlips (if their upstairs deck is repaired, then upstairs at Fishlips is best - they had hurricane damage last year).

I live near the Port and have watched quite a few sailaways from Fishlips which I think is the preferred restaurant of most cruisers and locals because of the upstairs view. Grills is a close second. You are so close to the Oasis at Grills that you can watch them push off from Terminal 1 before they leave and wave to whoever is at the back of the ship. We waved to a ton of Grills folks when we left on our November cruise on Oasis.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

BJ hit the nail on the head, you will get a mixed bag of answers to this one. As for us, we prefer Fishlips for the upstairs deck and bar as well as the food. We too feel it is the best location to watch the ships leave as you can see them over a larger area. As former area residents we used to go there often to watch departures.

They have a webcam that will give you a good idea of what you might see depending on how it is aimed when you watch. It is live with sound and they usually follow the ships as they are leaving port.

http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/

Edited by Pyrate13

p.s. the port webcam

http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/

sits on the roof of Fishlips which is near the center of the .7 mile strip known as The Cove. When the camera view is towards Disney, NCL and/or Carnival ships you are looking towards Millikan's the western most place (most inland). When look east, out to sea, you see where tha marina ends on the same side of the channel, this is where GRILLS is, right up to the fence around the Terminal 1 berth. When T-1 was being built they dropped a large piece of steel being lifted by crane and it landed on the restrooms of Grills .... that close! (Grills was closed at the time)

Watch the webcam in the afternoon/evenings and you can get a sense of when the cruise ships leave. Sometimes they start as early as 4:30, peak tends to be around 5 and usually the show is all over by 5:30 ... but a late departure (visiting ship doing a port call) can be as late as 10 pm or even later